Has anyone seen the JVC 34WP84 or Toshiba 34FX83?

Username: Mightyburner

Post Number: 6
Has anyone seen these TVs or know of any reviews?
Thanks.

Scootusa01
Unregistered guest
Cnet.com has a couple of user reviews as well as reviews of the 34FX82. I have the Toshiba FX83 and am pleased with the set itself. However, there is a design flaw. There are black decorative strips along the top and bottom that cause a reflection onto the screen. It is about a 1/8 of an inch or so. It is somewhat of a distraction. To determine if I were actually seeing a reflection, I had my wife hold black pipe cleaners along the edge and the reflection was gone. However, I do not want to add those to the set. I called Toshiba about it and the customer support person admitted to a design flaw but did not think they could do anything about it. Not sure where to go from there. Again, it is only a small thing but a distraction none the less.

Other than that I cannot say enough about the quality of the tv. It is heavy at 160 pounds. It has the hookups for DVI and component. The instruction manual is easy to understand. I was up and running shortly after delivery.

Username: Mightyburner

Post Number: 7
Hmmm, I did notice the black strip and it was somewhat shiny. I wonder why the significant difference in weight between the Toshiba and similar size Sony XBR910 (approx. 200 pounds).

Scootusa01
Unregistered guest
Don't know why the difference. However, if you are interested in the Sony, here is a link to a review: http://www.audiorevolution.com/equip/sony_34XBR_910/index.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us