Bug in tv

Username: Chiathomas

Post Number: 4
I have a beetle bug between the two screens on my new big screen. How long can it live in there? What damage can it do? Anyone ever heard of this?

Peas
Unregistered guest
Paul McCartney is 62 years old. How long do you plan on keeping this TV? :-)

Peas

Username: Chiathomas

Post Number: 5
I love McCartney too..but this is serious..where the bug goes on screen it leaves blue green and yellow dots> they disapear after a few minutes but I am scared.. This is a major buy for me I am hoping it will be here when I am gone..stop that laughing!

FYI
Unregistered guest
Tell the store that you see blue, green and yellow dots on the screen and they need to work the bugs out. LOL I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. But seriously, exchange the set. You won't be ok about this until you do.

Ben Wallace
Unregistered guest
I had the same problem. I have a problem in the spring and fall with those damn asian beetles (look like ladybugs).

The first time I noticed one flying around inside the set I freaked out. The truth is there isn't much you can do about it. They have a very short life span and they are drawn to the heat and light inside the set.

It can be very troublesome watching TV and seeing this thing flying around and not being able to get rid of it, but I don't believe they will cause any damage. maybe I was just lucky, who knows?

I had a TV repair place tell me horror stories about, spiders, different bugs and even mice making homes inside these TVs. They told me of one where a mouse had set up shop and went to the bathroom on the circuit board and fried the whole TV.

best of luck.

Ben Wallace
Unregistered guest
I had the same problem. I have a problem in the spring and fall with those damn asian beetles (look like ladybugs).

The first time I noticed one flying around inside the set I freaked out. The truth is there isn't much you can do about it. They have a very short life span and they are drawn to the heat and light inside the set.

It can be very troublesome watching TV and seeing this thing flying around and not being able to get rid of it, but I don't believe they will cause any damage. maybe I was just lucky, who knows?

I had a TV repair place tell me horror stories about, spiders, different bugs and even mice making homes inside these TVs. They told me of one where a mouse had set up shop and went to the bathroom on the circuit board and fried the whole TV.

best of luck.

Ben Wallace
Unregistered guest
Sorry about the double post, first one gave an error
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us