Dead & Stuck Pixels on EVERY TV!

Username: Gerryinnv

Post Number: 1
I'm in the market for a 61" HDTV. After doing some research, including reading the comments in these forums, I decided to go out this afternoon shopping for a TV. The two models I was particularly interested in were the Samsung 61" DLP and the JVC 61" HD-ILA. I went to Best Buy, Sears, Tweeter and Circuit City and noticed two disturbing trends...

1) I found dead and/or stuck pixels on sets of almost every brand (including the Samsung and JVC I was interested in.

2) The sales people at all of the stores are completely un-informed on what causes this and in how it is resolved. (I got responses like replacing the bulb fixes this all the way to it's a dust particle that got caught inside the screen!)

What do you guys think? This has been a real shocker and eye-opener. I almost wish I hadn't started reading these forums (I probably wouldn't even have noticed and you know ignorance is bliss)! Seriously though I am glad I found out BEFORE I purchased not after! But now I'm really discouraged about purchasing a new TV and I'm seriously considering purchasing one of the huge Mitsibishi CRT HDTV's! Any ideas??

-Gerry

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_sparks

Vista1, Ca Usa

Post Number: 18
Think about it - 1080 x 720 pixels and only one bad pixel?

My limited understanding is that some pixels die during manufacture.

I think this problem bothers some and not others. So maybe it's attitude?

I am sitting 3 feet from the LCD monitor I am using to write this on. I remember it had one dead pixel when I bought it 2 years ago. I forgot about it until I read your post. I'm looking but can't even find it now. It's probably blending in with what is on the screen.

So if I sit 8 to 12 feet away from a big TV, I can decide if I want a dead pixel, I can't see, to drive me crazy or not.

Granted, if 3 pixels are dead, I'd think about returning it, if I could see them.

The big screen TV is an immature technology at this point. I am trying to forget the imperfections and just enjoy the show.

Mr Sparks

chinese poet
Unregistered guest
If it has to be crt ,go hitachi!

they make the best!!

by the way 73% of mitsu big screen is made out of hitachi parts.

I have been in this field for 21 years
hitachi takes the cake!

Peas
Unregistered guest
"1) I found dead and/or stuck pixels on sets of almost every brand (including the Samsung and JVC I was interested in."

You didn't find any dead or stuck pixels on a DLP TV, they don't have pixels. You must have a flaw on the lens of your cornea.

Peas

Username: Rowdyusp40

Post Number: 9
But you can have a stuck/dead mirror, which looks the same. I don't know about his cornea.

Username: Gerryinnv

Post Number: 2
>You didn't find any dead or stuck pixels on a DLP TV, they don't >have pixels. You must have a flaw on the lens of your cornea.
>
>Peas

It is precisely this type of ignorance that has everyone so misinformed. One of the salesman said almost the same thing. Something to the effect of "You won't find that on our DLPs...". I proceeded to show him the 3 DEAD or BLACK Pixels or whatever you want to call them, on the Samsung 61" DLP.

Peas
Unregistered guest
my apologies. everyone knew when gerry mentioned pixel he meant mirrors. i knew he meant mirrors, but i can't help being a jerk. i love trolling around television forums and flaming nice people. all my posts are obnoxious that why i never register. i'll try to be a better, more helpful person.

Peas

Bustnchops
Unregistered guest
Please, be yourself!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us