Hook-up tv,vcr,dvd recorder

Username: Pgoldie

Post Number: 1
Tv connected by co-ax to cable (no box). DVD recorder connected to tv by co-ax cable, etc. VCR connected to DVD-recorder. Cannot get VCR to show clearly thru t.v., as it's playing thru the DVD recorder. Ultimate goal: Play the VCR thru tv PLUS record my VHS tapes to dvd's.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 614
Connect the VCR to the DVD recorder with RCA jacks, then connect the DVD recorder to the TV with, listed in order of preference, component cables, s-video cable, composite cables, whichever the TV will accept. To record from the VCR, set the recorder on whatever input you connected the VCR to. Hook the incoming cable to the DVD recorder then from the recorder to the TV. DVD recorders don't output through coax, you have to connect it one of the other ways mentioned.

Unregistered guest
How to connect a dvd recorder to a combo tv/vcr/dvd set? To eliminate the clutter of cables and connections I just bought a RCA combo tv/vcr/dvd set. I can record the live tv on dvd. But no luck with recording home movies (VHS) to dvd. Any help will be appreciated
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us