Samsung 5085

Username: Icon115

Post Number: 1
Hi all. I just bought my tv last night. Probably didn't do enough research because I thought that the A/V sync delay was just on the 5063 models.
Will I have problems with this? I don't have an audio system yet but eventually consider going this route. Is this a guaranteed problem with the TV's?

Post Reader
Unregistered guest
Absolutely not!

Congrats! Enjoy!

RaveD
Unregistered guest
The 5085 has the best picture of any DLP I have ever seen, period.

I would own one if it wasn't for the pedestal design.

Post Reader
Unregistered guest
RaveD,

The HLP5674W is pretty much the same set without the pedestal. It has the same chip and light engine and has 6 more inches of screen. Here is a link. Digital 1234 has good reviews.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?sort_type=price&masterid=5029645& isbn=&pid=

Post Number: 2
for background, I'll be using satellite (non-HD for now) as my main input source

Post Reader
Unregistered guest
Dish or DirecT TV? DTV has 6 months of free HD special going on right now. You aren't living unless you see HD! That's what it's all about!
I highly recommend the Sammy SIR TS360 Direct TV HD/Terrestrial HD receiver. It's absolutely awesome! It picks up your off-air digital network channels and combines them with the DTV programming. You have the set...get the HD...get the Surround Sound receiver too. Brand new Onkyo 7.1 Home Theater amps on eBay for around $325. Rock the house!

Post Number: 3
I live in Canada....so its Bell Satellite.....gotta save up for an HD receiver.

Thanks for the advice

Post Number: 4
I was also hoping on playing with PS2

Post Reader
Unregistered guest
Sometimes I forget it's a world wide web!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us