TV GO BOOM!

Bronze Member
Username: Gdawg

Post Number: 71
I have a 56" Mitsubishi rear projection TV, and last night when I was watching TV, the screen went POP!, and then I saw a red light that blurred out and then the TV made a very loud and high pitched white noise....Is it the picture tube, is it worth replacing?

I have NO TV knowledge whatsoever, but im an audiophile(well known in the receiver forums)and am wondering if I should take it in to get it replaired as I dont have the money right now to go buy a new one, because I just bought a Pioneer Elite 59Txi reciever. Is it worth while?

G.DawG

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 258
G.Dawg,
dang, that's a shame. I take it that the TV is no longer under warranty?
In my experience, having the picture tube replaced is not worth it, that's already 75% of your TV and the cost will be just as much. Especially with the ever changing technology of televisions nowadays.
check your warranty, Mitsubishi usuually has a 5 year warranty on picture tubes.

hope it works out

cheers

Bronze Member
Username: Gdawg

Post Number: 72
Berny,
The TV is 12 years old, so there is no warranty on it im sure. Ill just probably end up putting a new one on layaway, one with HDTV, and component, all the new stuff. I hate doing this though...--dang interest: - )-- ill check ebay...

G.DawG

Username: Mike

Post Number: 5
Sorry, Dawg... Prices on small to mid size screens have come way down, some well below $1500. In as much as Christmas is over, and despite evidence to the contrary, warm, Spring weather IS coming. Your local retailer is starting to switch his focus from indoor toys to outdoor toys(camcorders and the like). You should be able to find good prices, as well as some zero-interest financing deals. Seems like your stuff just KNOWS when you're broke, and picks THAT VERY TIME to "give up the ghost". Ain't it a BYTCH? Good luck, dude...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us