Mitsubishi WD-52725 and Net Command

Username: Garyh

Post Number: 8
When I first powered up the set it asked if I wanted to install Net Command. At that time I decided not to and followed the on-screen instructions for proper exit to install later. Now when I try to go to the Net Command setup screen I don't have the option for initial setup; only add and review. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to correct it? Also, has anyone done the setup and how easy did it go? Were there any difficulties getting the Net Command to recognize different pieces of equipment? Thanks

Post Number: 9
Hey guys -- doesn't anyone use Net Command? Could use some help. Thanks

riokayak
Unregistered guest
I just installed mine (52725) yesterday. After the initial start-up you need to "add" to use net-command. Somewhat confusing process but it seems to work ok although I spent over an hour messing with it. My biggest issue with the TV is the noise from the fan. I am doing some research on the net to see if there is any way to correct this problem. Have you tried to add your components using Net Command?

Username: Kennyu

Post Number: 2
I remember I went through the initial Netcommand options and it isn't a big deal if you didn't do it. I end up using Netcommand to add/update/rename the inputs I'm using.

As for Fan noise each owner has their own level of whats loud. Mine does sound like a computer fan so I'm use to it, and I usually don't hear it when I'm usually blasting the sound system watching a movie :-) However on silent scenes you can definitely tell. There have been posts on this already. Not much you can do other than see if you can pick up a REAL QUIET ball bearing fan for the back panel where most of the noise is generated. My Mits is in a recessed portion of my room which tends to make it echo more and I've already picked up some sound proofing material to help alleviate the noise, but I really don't mind it that much.

When I had my Mits serviced for the tilt problem, my tech was pretty knowledgeable and we shot the bull about DLPs and LCD's and he said if you think this is loud you should hear the Samsungs and RCAs especially when the fans begin to fail. I can actually vouch for the Samsung fans. I got my TV at Frys and usually you can't hear the fan noise at all on any of the TVs because of the noise in the store, but while filling out my credit form for my TV I was standing next to some Samsung DLPs and man they were LOUD and whinny. Since Fry's constantly keeps there TV's on during the day it gives you a good idea of how well the fans and the TVs in general hold up and the Samsungs, at least the fans, didn't sound like they were holding up well :-)

Post Number: 10
I went ahead and used the "add" function in the Net Command setup screen and just messed around changing things as I went until the components worked the way I wanted. I still have some "tweaking" to do, but I think it will work out OK. My main objective was to get down to at least two remotes and eventually one. I did notice that if you have more than one component running through one of the Mits inputs (like on Component 2 you have a DVD recorder and DBS receiver going through the recorder) you can't set them up separate (unless I missed something).
As far as fan noise, I agree with Kenny. The noise is comparable to my computer, which I guess I'm used to. I don't really notice the fan noise except when powering up or down.
On the whole so far, I am very pleased with the set
Thanks for the replies regarding Net Command

riokayak
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the info on the fan noise. I had the tv at low volume becuase of a baby sleeping upstairs and actually had trouble hearing the dialogue over the fan. Will continue to evaluate over the next couple of weeks. If too loud, I will most likely return the TV and wait for some model improvements which based on the number of complaints should be in the works.

Unregistered guest
Gary, Had the same problem with getting to the init selection. I finally deleted the antenna channels that were memorized after I skipped setting up netcommand. Finally, the init screen came up but I don't think it was worth the two hours. It seems there is only one init screen that listed the general components. I then went in and change numerous settings. I am still not happy with Netcommand but using it since it kepts the remote on only one setting. Would like to discuss Netcommand with anyone with experience to try to fine tune. Thanks, Steve

Username: Hdnw

WA

Post Number: 1
Just a suggestion.......
When adding a new 'Device' in NetCommand I would recommend not to use any of the manufacturers listed in the TV's database. Instead always choose 'Other' and then teach the TV codes from the new device's remote. It is much more comprehensive and usually allows greater control of the device than the codes used by the TV's database. It controls my Moto 6412 cable STB/DVR flawlessly!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us