Should I buy A Mitsubishi 62525 or Something Else?

Unregistered guest
I keep seeing a lot of negative about the 62525 and was wondering if I should buy it or keep looking. Tweeter by me has 3 left for 2888.00. They are clearing them out along with the rest of the 525 series. My Sears is price matching and my sis works there so I can get her to buy it for me.The toshiba 52hm84 is also a possibility. Also, if you know of any good home theater places in Charlotte, NC or nearby then pls let me know.

jamescrew
Unregistered guest
Dolemite, I own the 52725 and I love it. The only reason I went with the 725 vice the 525 was the anti-glare screen. The 725 still has some glare but I do not find that to be a big problem. That said, I know that you can take the front screen off if the glare is too much. The picture is really good and I have not had any problems to date. That said, there have been problems reported on this and other boards as well as independent reviews that have been posted; however, I have found owners of virtually every other HD tv brand (samsung, toshiba, etc) that have also reported problems. I bought mine based on the comments posted on this board and found them to be generally favorable. If you are going to buy a DLP tv, make sure that it has the hd2+ chip and not the older chips (hd2 and hd3). Also, I wanted to ensure that the tv came with a 7-segment color wheel for enhanced contrast. One of the reasons that I did not buy the toshiba is that it only has the 6-segment wheel. Hope this helps.

Dolemite
Unregistered guest
Thanxs for the info, especially about the 6 color wheel on the Toshiba. thought it had the 7. Do you know where I can find independant reviews of the Mits 62525? hallen1007@bellsouth.net

Bronze Member
Username: Lampright

Syracuse, Utah USA

Post Number: 17
use google and search for "62525 review", you should find some. If you can't, you might also try a search for the 62725, the only difference is the anti-glare shield.
I just purchased the 52725 and love it. I'm very happy with my purchase. Just don't plan on useing cablecard yet, too many bugs for them to work out still. I have comcast with an HD DVR, and HD is simply amazing!
Better hurry, the 3 years no interest ends tomorrow (7th).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us