JVC DR-MV1S DVD problem

ccbbkk
Unregistered guest
Hi, when I turn on unit it starts flashing "loading" and I cant turn off. And stops and flashes during recording and playback.When I toggle back and forth from DVD to VHS, the dvd side is snowy and has green drop out lines that flicker and even more so when I open dvd tray when I go back to vhs picture is fine. May I get some help. Thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 593
The unit is defective, common JVC problem.

ptm
Unregistered guest
I have the exact same problem. Is it truely a defect that JVC will honor and replace or am I just out a lot of money?

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 613
Supposedly they know about the problem and will fix it for free.

Kent
Unregistered guest
Try the JVC Support FAQ page. Good luck.

http://www.jvc.com/support/support.jsp?pageID=1%26item%3D24

My DVD recorder has experienced green or white noise in the picture display followed by the word "Loading" flashing continuously on the unit's FDP. Unplugging the unit clears the "Loading" indication and restores normal operation. How can I prevent these symptoms from re-occurring?
Models: DR-MV1S, DR-M10S, DR-MH30S, DRMX1S, SR-MV30U

A limited number of units of certain models of DVD recorders (Models-DR-MV1S, DR-M10S, DR-MH30S, DRMX1S, SR-MV30U) have experienced the symptoms described. While manually resetting the unit, as set forth in the question, restores normal operation, the symptoms may reappear. JVC has identified the cause of these symptoms and will make the necessary adjustments to affected units to eliminate the likelihood that the symptoms reappear. Adjustments will be made free of charge at JVC Factory Service Centers. Click the Factory Service Center link at top left of this page to obtain your nearest location. Please call 1-800-252-5722 and select option 4-3 if you have any questions regarding this process.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us