Problem with change to full-screen

Username: Asm

Post Number: 6
Hi,

Just bought a HL-P5063W Samsung. When I am watching a non-HD channel (analag or digital) I have grey bars on the sides. I was trying to remove them by changing the picture size to Panaroma /zoom1 / ???
but these feature are diasbled in my TV.
Any idea on how to extend the regular channel to full screen display?

Thanks

Post Reader
Unregistered guest
I'm finding that the functionality seems to be signal specific. For example, I have a Samsung SIR TS360 Direct TV/Terrestrial receiver on Component 1. My P5063W has no Tint control and the "tv" picture sizing is limited to Wide or 4:3 on this input. However, my DTV receiver has picture sizing of the same nature, so, no loss in that regard. My Component 2 has a Pani DVD. It has full "tv" picture sizing functionality along with Tint. I have an Onkyo Home Theater hooked up to an S-Video input so I can check the on-screen menu periodically. At the present time I'm not going through the Onkyo with the video, so, I needed a way to see the menu. Full "tv" sizing options are there too. Then I have some cameras on composite video inputs. They also have full sizing capability. So, something in the signal from my DTV receiver is limiting my "tv" sizing capability and Tint control.

What do you have on Component 1 input? Cable box or Sat box? What kind? Any on-screen menu or control features? How is your DVD "tv" sizing functionality?

Post Number: 7
Thanks for the response.

Component1 input is connected to cable box
Component2 input is connect to SONY receiver

no other TV input is being used.

Post Reader
Unregistered guest
Is the Sony receiver a home theater receiver with no real video signal other than an on-screen menu for set up purposes? Is Component 2 limited in picture size options? Have you switched the cable box to Component 2 to see if anything changes? Do you have a DVD player you can try?

Post Number: 8
yes, I have a DVD player but have not try it. The point is I also loosing the close caption option when I am watching thru Component1. (the button is disable). As you said I need to try my DVD player.

Thanks a bunch for your help,
let you know

Username: Gojhawks

Post Number: 6
I have an HL-P5063 hooked up to a cable box through DVI. I checked and do not have closed caption option through DVI. When I switch to S-Video and direct cable inputs have closed caption option.

As for being limited to "wide" and "4:3" options I am going to assume you are outputting 1080i. I have discovered that when outputting 720p have full screen options of "Wide TV","Wide PC","Expand" and "4:3". When outputting 1080i only have "wide" and "4:3".

As for having the "wide","panaroma","zoom 1","zoom 2" and "4:3" choices it is source dependent. I do not have the choices on any channels when outputting 720p/1080i through DVI. I have DVD player hooked up through component and do have all those options. Of course the DVD player is outputting 480i.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us