Problem with changing channel in SAMSUNG HL-P5063W DLP

Username: Asm

Post Number: 4
Hi,

I just bought a SAMSUNG HL-P5063W DLP TV. I ran compound cables from my cable box to the TV. However, when I go to the TV menu the "Channel" and "Caption" are disable. For exmple I can not change the channel from TV or turn on the caption.

PS: I can change the channel only thru cable box.

Any idea how to turn on the caption or change the channel from TV?

Thank you in advance,
ASM

FYI
Unregistered guest
Anyone with a cable or sat box will always be controling the channel selection on the cable or sat box. You can program the tv's remote to control the cable box you have. Look for the "code" section in your manual and follow the directions.

My Caption and V-Chip in the "Setup", and Tint in the "Picture" are also disabled when using the Component 1 input. They work when using the s-video input, but I don't care to use that one. I don't really know why this is, nor do I see any way to activate them. I've come to not care. Great set though, isn't it! Just a fantastic picture on HD.

Klaus
Unregistered guest
When you use the component inputs on a set it is merely a "dumb" input. It assumes that the video is already processed, so there is no need to change channels on the TV, close captioning, v-chip , etc are also assumed to be taken care of by the device generating the input signal. You will notice that a lot of the picture controls are greyed out as well on some formats.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us