Samsung HLN 56in w/811 Receiver Issues

Anonymous

Sup guys,

Newbie here and I hope someone can help me. I have the 811 connected via DVI to the Sammy, and have the settings within the DN 811 at 16:9 and 480p. Regular channels have 3 inch black bars on the sides. My HD channels come in full screen, and look really sweet, but as you look closer, its seem a little jaggedy. Would anybody know how to resolve these issues? I tried switching (in the 811) to 720, then to 1080 but the screen gets smaller and smaller. I have the sammy set at (Wide) TV. Please advise.

Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Emkmd

Post Number: 32
Hey,
Outputting at 480p is probably not the best. The 811, which I know nothing about, would be converting your HD signals (720p and 1080i)down to 480p. The Tv then would convert the signal back to 720p. So it seems you should set the 811 to 720p. However, most HD channels are in 1080i, so you may want to set the 811 to that format and allow the TV to convert the signal to 720p. The question is do you want the 811 or the TV to do the converting, and you'll just have to see which way looks better.
I just got the 507W. With the HD inputs you can only do normal and wide, no zoom modes. Regular channels should have the black bars on the sides, and HD signals should fill the screen. I wonder if there are some format settings on the 811 that will resolve this problem.
-E

eswift028
Unregistered guest
Hey!
I found it...after fumbling with the Dish Network 811 receiver's remote, I found the format button! Sweet! Thanks!

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us