When will widescreen progamming be manitory on TV

Username: Bottledz28

Post Number: 3
Is there a set date when alll TV programs will have to be broadcasted in a widescreen format? I see that more and more are slowly switching over. Has the FCC set any dates for this and any other stuff pertaining to digital video AND audio broadcasting. my reason behind these questions is that I am afraid of spending money on new audio and video equipment if there will be something bigger and better out 6 monthes after I buy something. I'd hate to spend $3K on a TV only to see some new stuff out soon down the road. WHEN WILL IT EVER END. there has to be an end to this stuff somewhere. I mean, will my kids has dolby digital 20.1

dtsvsdolby
Unregistered guest
"WHEN WILL IT EVER END"
It will never end because when price points fall too low new products and technology have to be made to make money.
"Is there a set date when alll TV programs will have to be broadcasted in a widescreen format?"
The current date is December 31, 2006 for analog broadcasting to end and digital to begin. This date is about to be changed. The FCC wants January 1, 2009 for the transition to begin. No one knows for sure. Besides, widescreen is not in the requirements. Digital can be shown in 4:3 using 480i/p and still comply with the law when it takes effect.
" I mean, will my kids has dolby digital 20.1 "
Believe it or not, this has already begun testing for future applications (medical right now but consumer applications are possible).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us