Video Connections

Username: Mot

Post Number: 1
I've purchased a 230 pound HDTV and when it goes in its slot in the wall, I won't be able to move it. So I want to plan for as many possibilities when connecting the cables to the back that will string through the "cable hole." If I plug in both the composite Video cable(the yellow video connection) AND an S Video cable, if I use the S-Vido connection in the component (VCR or DVD), will having that yellow connector connected to the tv but not the VCR or DVD detract from the video signal or picture quality?

Anonymous

no effect

Fanniemay
Unregistered guest
I could really use someone's assistance. I have an RCA HDTV 52". Use direct TVv satelite, and want to hook up Panasonic SAHT 720 surround sound system. Have tried every combination, and feel defeated by my system. Does someone have advice on how to connect, or who to contact to get this done?

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 71
fannie,

What specific problems are you having? Are you having problems getting any sound at all??

It's really pretty simple. If you have HD-Direct Tv Sat Box, you should have digital sound outputs that you can run directly from your SatBox, into your receiver. That way, you can access TV sound through your stereo.

If you have a newer model dvd player, you will also have either coaxial, or optical audio outs that you can plug directly to your receiver.

If you have an older receiver(not dolby digital 5.1) without the digital outs, you'll have to use the composite RCA outs instead.

shizzle
Unregistered guest
ok i got the panasonic saht 720 and i don't even know how to power it up cause i got it off of my buddy and he moved away and i need help with this i know it sounds stupid but its makin me mad please someone help

shizzle
Unregistered guest
ok i got the panasonic saht 720 and i don't even know how to power it up cause i got it off of my buddy and he moved away and i need help with this i know it sounds stupid but its makin me mad please someone help and as well i don't even know if he gave me all the cords so if someone could explan or send me a diagram or something that would be awesome

shizzle
Unregistered guest
ok i got the panasonic saht 720 and i don't even know how to power it up cause i got it off of my buddy and he moved away and i need help with this i know it sounds stupid but its makin me mad please someone help and as well i don't even know if he gave me all the cords so if someone could explan or send me a diagram or something that would be awesome
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us