A little deception

Username: Kdx200

Nc Usa

Post Number: 1
Equipment: Toshiba 52HMX84 DLP TV, Dishnet. 811 receiver. Problem: I upgraded to the HD package from Dish and get ESPNHD, TNTHD, DSCHD and a few others. Man do they look great! I pay for local channels also. When a program is broadcast in HD on my locals they don't look near as crisp and good as ESPNHD, or the other HD only channels. I recently read about these off air antennas. Do I need one of these antennas to get my local programming that is brodcasting certain programs in HD? If so, I can't help feel a little deceived by Dishnetwork and my local Electronics store. All the pictures looked great on their TV's. All I was told was that once I got my HD receiver anything broadcast in HD would look the same as in the store. Dish never mentioned this MINOR detail either and I talked with a rep for about 15 minutes about HD programming. Any right direction on this would be appreciated.

NUB
Unregistered guest
I get my locals off an attic UHF antenna. They are much "crisper" than thos that are broadcast by Comcast. Give it a try.

Bronze Member
Username: Kevin_eastman

Post Number: 20
K c
The local channels that are delivered by dish are not hd. I believe the only hd network feed that you can recieve is CBS and that depends on your location. You will need an off air antenna to recieve your network hd. Don't worry though depending on your location they are relatively inexpensive and easy to install. And yes you were probaly decieved when making your initial inquiries. Happens all the time. Just spend a couple of weeks around here reading and learning and you will know more than they do and will know when they are lying to you............kevin

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 37
I agree with NUB that you need to find a way to get the locals over the air. The local channels really have a lot of good programming in HD. I also think the the nonHD programming looks better over the air than it does through my satellite.

With the superbowl quickly approaching, there is little time to waste before the big game:-) IMO, being a sports nut, being able to watch various sporting events in HD alone is enough reason to switch to HD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us