About cable reception

estee065
Unregistered guest
I split my cable to run into the back of my motorola hd/dvr (6412), which has component out to my tv (JVC AV-48PW55), and the other coax straight into my tv. The picture on regular channels (not digital or hd) comes in clearer from the coax than what is coming from the box. I called the cable company and the guy said that it is because of a comb filter on the coax input on the tv which will give a clearer picture for regular channels. Does this sound right, or am I getting the runaround? Thanks for any answers.

Klaus
Unregistered guest
I have had similar issues with a Pace HD box. I think partly it is because the tuner in the STB is crap compared to the TV. Remember that the cable company buys these by the thousands to "give away". The tuner on the tv until recently defined much of the PQ of that set so is given better attention. With the new HD sets, software can be optimized to interact with the sets tuner, but has to deal with whatever junk the cable box puts out.

estee065
Unregistered guest
Thank you for your reply. Anyone else have these problems?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Thank you for your reply. Anyone else have these problems?

Everyone has these problems although not all people are so discriminating to notice a difference. I notice the difference and use the coax in to use my TV's tuner for the analog signals as well.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us