Problem with my Sony XBR960. Please help!!

Bronze Member
Username: Lobo65

Post Number: 12
I've had this thing a little over two weeks, and it it just shut itself off. The timer is blinking, which the manual said may mean it needs servicing. When I try to turn it back on, it shut's itself back off again.

I'm very nervous. I paid a lot of money for this stupid thing. I thought only the Sony projection TV's were screwing up. Has anybody else had this problem? I bought it at Circuit City, and it's under a two year Sony warranty.

I'm very frustrated right now. This is the only Sony product I've ever owned that messed up on me. If Sony doesn't repair this to my satisfaction, should I be able to get a refund? Thanks for any advice anyone can give me.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13

Posted on Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 09:58 pm:
I've had this thing a little over two weeks, and it it just shut itself off. The timer is blinking, which the manual said may mean it needs servicing. When I try to turn it back on, it shut's itself back off again.

I'm very nervous. I paid a lot of money for this stupid thing. I thought only the Sony projection TV's were screwing up. Has anybody else had this problem? I bought it at Circuit City, and it's under a two year Sony warranty.

I'm very frustrated right now. This is the only Sony product I've ever owned that messed up on me. If Sony doesn't repair this to my satisfaction, should I be able to get a refund? Thanks for any advice anyone can give me.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
No one has any suggestions?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Well I just spoke to Circuit City, and they are going to give me a new TV. Thank goodness it hasn't been over a month. They offer a 30 day guarantee.

I'm starting to wonder if I should have bought the darn $350.00 extended warranty. I have always read that they are a waste of money for most items though.

I did some research before I bought this set, and didn't discover any red flags like the problems with the Sony projection TV's have. Hopefully this was just an isolated incident with this model.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Well I just spoke to Circuit City, and they are going to give me a new TV. Thank goodness it hasn't been over a month. They offer a 30 day guarantee.

I'm starting to wonder if I should have bought the darn $350.00 extended warranty. I have always read that they are a waste of money for most items though.

I did some research before I bought this set, and didn't discover any red flags like the problems with the Sony projection TV's have. Hopefully this was just an isolated incident with this model.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Darn. I hate when it double lists my posts. Sorry about that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us