Matching Screen For AE 700U

Username: Pmacafee

Post Number: 6
I will be purchasing the AE 700U soon and want to get the proper projector screen. There will be some daylight in the room, but nothing directly on the scree. Will the Dialite 2.8 be too bright?Anyone have any suggestions?

Anonymous

Standard matte white works fine with the AE700U. In fact any standard screen should work great with this unit

Your variables will be actual throw distance, precise amount of ambient light, ultimate screen size etc. Ideally, its best to test the projector even before buying the screen

To figure out what works best, for 5 dollars you can buy and tape 8 to 10 pure white poster boards together and test the unit to determine ideal screen size etc and precise performance on the unit. Ideally for testing you will want a nice clean true hi def source signal, not merely 480p DVD, as you want a check based upon optimized display of the unit

Also, of course you will need a 16:9 (HDTV) size screen

Post Number: 7
Anonymous;

Thanks for the post. The Dialite is pretty expensive (another $100-200) but I am wondering if I get a brighter screen and then use a projector with an economy setting, I can push the life of the bulb out 20-40%. This projector will function as the main TV viewing screen and getting a lot of use. It seems that I might make back my screen costs on the first bulb and be ahead thereafter and work the projector cooler and with less power.

Does this math make sense?

Anonymous

The only concern is whether brighter screens in fact have tradeoffs in terms of use in optimized dark theater conditions. To the extent they do the net effect would probably be so minimal its not worth being concerned about

My guess is that no matter what screen you buy its going to look great, so if you buy the extra bright screen you have little downside in terms of ultimate picture in optimized conditions, yet maybe a tiny bit more life on the bulb, or minimally peace of mind and so forth

The AE700U has chips in it that are making constant adjustments to light conditions and screen content for optimized color renditions, which at times can vary the fan output on an automatic basis

Post Number: 8
Great, so the 2.8 high gain is off the budget considerations. I am now looking at the high contrast and 1.5-2.5 gain screens. I have a stupid question about zoom and image size and you seem pretty familiar with the AE77U.
I am going to have a wide (96") screen for viewing the 16:9 and other wide screen formats. The screen will also be used for viewing regular tv etc.

Lets say that I adjust the projector placement and zoom so that the full width (96") of the screen is used for the widest picture format. Then I switch to a more conventional (square-ish)source. Will the projector have a narrower projection with the same height or will the picture now be 96" tall?

The screen question is can I get by with a "60" tall screen by 96" or something similar?

Thanks for taking the time for these responses.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us