Mitsubishi TV CS35607 - Help with RBG Color

Unregistered guest
I have a Mitsubishi TV CS35607. I've spent over $400 on repairs and the same problem keeps comming back. Here's my current situation. For several weeks, usually my picture had no blue. Ocasionally the blue will come on and we have normal picture for a day. Last week the tv worked properly all week. Now today, we have red and blue but no green in the picture.

The first repair cost $200 for labor and $8.00 for parts. Some sort of color module was replaced. Could these items simply be loose or have connectors in need of cleaning? If somebody could advise me what to check, I'd be competent to open up the tv. Thank you.

Post Reader
Unregistered guest
How old is your picture tube?

Anonymous

we have mitsubishi TV model vs50502 ser.104189 we think the part that we need is called convergence this part controls the blue color on the TV the service people want 400;oo dollars for two of them. trying to find a better price.

Unregistered guest
Harold,

The color dropout problem is common on your set. There are a couple driver IC's that can fail. There is a factory modification that should be installed to prevent these from failing in the future. Did the shop you brought it to install this mod?

This is not a type of repair I would recommend you attempt to do as you could easily damage the circuit boards trying to remove the parts.

==========================
Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413
860-399-1861
860-664-3535 (fax)
jstielau@snet.net
========================

Unregistered guest
On your VS50502, $400 is in the ballpark for that type of repair. Make sure you get a warranty that is at least 3 Months or better!

==========================
Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413
860-399-1861
860-664-3535 (fax)
jstielau@snet.net
========================

Ltdan
Unregistered guest
Could you tell me whats wrong with my tv. I't went blank except for a green line across the middle. I assume the green line is the channel or ext.that used to show in the top right hand conrner. If it is something that can just be replaced I could fix it myself. Please give me some advice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us