Sima CT-2 or Sima SCC-2,which one will copy both types of copy protection

Username: Ers56

Post Number: 1
I have researched these over the internet looking at reviews but get confliting info about which one can eliminate both types of Macrovision copy protection. Does anyone know? Would rather not have to spend the extra cash for the SCC 2 unless it is worth it for the improvements.
These is a copy of one review I have found::::
There are several "video enhancement" gizmos on the market these days, the majority of them made by Sima. Basically, you want one of these things so that you can transfer a VHS cassette which is copy protected to a DVD-R. However, not many people realize that there are two types of Macrovision--type 1 and type 2. Most of these units ONLY remove "type one" macrovision, leaving "type 2" still fully functional (and you S.O.L.).
So what you really need is a unit which will fully override both types of Macrovision, and to my knowledge, the only thing available is the SIMA SCC-2 Color Corrector 2. This thing is expensive ($150-200 bucks), but it's worth it if you have a big video collection you'd like to transfer to DVD-R. I hope this helps anyone out there who bought a bunch of VHS tapes and simply wants to transfer a few to DVD.

Post Number: 2
Forgot to say I bought a Pansonic DVR E55 recorder for the purpose of putting my vhs tapes on DVD.

Username: Lightingstorm

Phoenix, Az

Post Number: 4
If you go the Sima's website www.sima.com is the address I believe you will see that sima go dvd covers both

Buster
Unregistered guest
The review following the one Ron quotes begins:

"WORKS PERFECT ! On All DVDs ,VHS , Cable TV, May 26, 2004 Reviewer: DVDGuru (SEATTLE,WA) - See all my reviews First, the good part - "(name deleted)" review is Totaly Wrong! The Sima CT-2 works on ALL TYPES OF MACROVISION.(LEVEL 1&2) It is the Sima CT-1 that does not work with VHS to DVD...."

My Sima CT-2 works flawlessly making fair use archive copies of my purchased VHS tapes and DVD's on my DVD recorder.

Post Number: 3
The web site is http://www.simacorp.com/
From reviews I found at http://www.pricegrabber.com/rating_getprodrev.php/masterid=2406624/id_type=maste rid
it looks like a buy to me.

Also would the following method of getting bought vhs to dvd give better results than using the Sima?

I just tried the macrovision protected VHS to DVD recorder trick using a digital camcorder (mine is a Sony TRV-520) in between to convert from analog to digital. It works perfectly, unlike trying to back up the VHS analog directly to the DVD recorder analog inputs.

Of course, you must have two necessary ingredients to do this: a digital camcorder with analog input passthrough capability (and firewire output) and a DVD recorder with firewire input. There may be some other camcorders that have passthrough but won't let you do this, I don't know.

NGD
Unregistered guest
I think Sima's website is www.simacorp.com

Unregistered guest
DOES ANYONE KNOW THE TYPE OF PROTECTION THAT ONLY SHOWS UP DURING THE PLAYING OF A VHS VIDEO. I START THE TAPE AND AFTER, SAY 10 MINS. THE PROTECTION WARNING SHOWS UP, I THEN HIT THE RECORD BUTTON AGAIN, AND THE TAPE PLAYS, SAY 45 MINS. THEN THE PROTECTION SHOWS UP AGAIN. IS THERE A NEW TYPE MICROVISION BEING USED OUT THERE?
I AM USING THE SIMA CT-1. WILL THE CT-2 UNIT KEEP THIS FROM HAPPENING.I ALSO TRIED USING THE CLARIFIER, BUT THE SAME THING HAPPENS.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us