New Sony LCD Projection is blurry....HELP!

Username: Supercrowley

Post Number: 1
Bought a new 50 inch Sony LCD projection because it looked so great in the store.

I have direct tv with a high def reciever, component cables connecting, and run it all through a monster power bar 1100.

The DVD's a play on my Playstation (also component connection) look good and my high def channels look pretty good, but the regular channels look poor particularly when you try to watch sports.

I have changed every setting I can think of to try to fix it to no avail. Am I missing something? Anyone here who has solved this problem who can help? Thanks.

Username: Supercrowley

Post Number: 2
P.S. the guy at BestBuy says I need a more expensive power bar which I will buy IF i think that will address the problem.

Username: Nachoman91

Cincinnati, OH USA

Post Number: 9
I have the same problem on my 52" JVC HD-ILA. SD looks very poor especially sports programs. I have Directv with a Directv HD-DVR receiver, component cables, and a very high end power bar (can't remember brand).

I'd be happy if my regular (standard def) channels looked as good as my old 27" toshiba tube tv, but they look worse. All I want is for my regualr channels to be as good as they were on my old TV and then to have the high def channels.

I just don't think i want to sacrifice the quality of 100 SD channels for the 10 HD channels, especially since I just paid $3k for a TV.

If anyone can think of a fix for me let me know or is this just inherent to all big screen hdtv's?

Username: Nachoman91

Cincinnati, OH USA

Post Number: 10
Attached is a picture of my screen from the New England / Indy football game (non-HD since I don't have my off air antenna yet).

Is this normal?
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us