HITACHI 60VS810

Username: Wildcats1

Louisville, KY USA

Post Number: 1
Any of you guys/gals out there know how to fix a deep scratch on the side of the bezel around the screen on the Hitachi 60vs810? It is the silver part around the outside of the frame. I thought about using some automotive touch up paint, but I would hate to make it look worse. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Username: Dwclark

Arlington, Tx Usa

Post Number: 3
Danny..how do u like your vs810
i cant decide between the 60vs810 and the 60v710
both get greate pictures but i really like the looks of the black..just dont know if it worht the extra$$$

Louisville, KY USA

Post Number: 2
I absolutely love it! It was a display model but they knocked $1200 off of it so I couldn't pass it up. Check with Circuit City and see if they have any 60" display models. I got it for just under $3300 not including the warranty(highly recommended). I usually don't buy an extended warranty but it was too much money to invest in a tv without getting it. The only drawback to the deal was the scratch on the frame. $1200 and a scratch sits better than -$1200 and no scratch. Looking at getting an LG upconverting DVD player with the HDMI port. I've got the Samsung with the DVI on a 65" Mitsu and it is awesome.

Louisville, KY USA

Post Number: 3
Is anyone out there? I'd like to hear from Peas or J Reid. They seem so smart. In case you are wondering who they are, they are two guys that were hammering a guy who started the thread about Best Buy lying about replacing the bulb in his TV while it is under the extended warranty. I love ripping guys apart like Peas and J Reid. I really would like some suggestions on fixing the scratch on my TV though.

Unregistered guest
i went to circuit city after carefully researching prices on the net, i went in and told them to match the price, they said they wouldnt match the net, i told them ok ill get it online, they matched, 3400 brand spankin new for the 50vs810, im a happy man .
DOES ANYONE KNOW THE BEST VIDEO SETTINGS FOR IT? PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU CAN HELP
THANKS

C LAFLER
Unregistered guest
I HAVE THE 60VS810 NOT THE 50 DONT KNOW IF SETTINGS WOULD BE ANY DIFFERENT

punkrockbob
Unregistered guest
DANNY try some "m44 "putty ,you can get this at
any good auto store or industrial supply house
eg.. graingers supply .

it is very versatile and easy to work with and sticks to any substance.it's sandable also and blends well when sanded down.you can probably
find a small container of touchup paint to use
after the epoxy is ready for finish work,it will
not become useless or fall out of the crack after
a year or two either...it's a permanant epoxy.

I use it all the time,in industrial applications
and it has been a saving grace for my work.it can be used on plastic with no problem.when we
engineer are products we beat the hell out of them than fix em and beat the hell out of them
again and m44 always holds up.!!

try duplicolors website to find a matching paint
I believe if they dont carry your color they will
mix you any color if you send them a pic of what you need...eg ..a pic of your tv.

good luck man!!hope it works out for ya.

"use your imagination and customize your life"

PKM2005
Unregistered guest
To all the 60VS810 owners....how does the standard television look on it? I visited several circuit city stores and made them play regular cable...and I found the signal pretty grainy....I am wondering, it could be because of their signal as they split it across so many sets.

How do you folks find it at home?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

I am all but sold on th 60VS810 but for this std cable thing.

Louisville, KY USA

Post Number: 4
Standard cable/satelite reception is pretty good, as with all big TVs, it is somewhat grainy when you are close to the picture, but it will not be as bad as the signal at the store. If you get the Hitachi and place it at least 12 feet away from the viewing position you should be just fine. It is for me. Also, I noticed that when I was shopping for my set that the store DVD loop seemed pretty close to HD. I asked the salesman why and he said the Hitachi kind of works similar to the upconversion in the Samsung DVI DVD player and produces a near HD picture using a decent progressive scan player. If you decide to go with a upconverting player though, the 60VS810 only has HDMI so you will either need an adapter for DVI to HDMI or LG, Denon, Onkyo and I think Sony has a player with a HDMI output. I have a 65" Mitsubishi projection downstairs and I have not watched it since I bought the Hitachi. You won't be disappointed!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us