How do I connect TV and antenna to get over the air HD local channels ?

Kishore
Unregistered guest
I have Sony KDF55XS955 with built in HD tuner, I connected the Amplified Samsung HDTV antenna to the "cable in" at the back of the TV, ran autoprogram but did not pick up any HD/Digital channels. According to antennaweb.org I am about 25 miles from tower. I also have "VHF/UHF" connection in TV.

Help !!
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Lobo65

Post Number: 11
Are you sure you ran the antenna into the right input? I'm thinking there are different inputs for each--one for the cable, and one for the antenna. I have a Sony XBR960, it has different inputs for each.

Still learning
Unregistered guest
Kishore,

Read your manual for the proper input to the internal HD tuner. It might actually be both. There are no "HD Channels" off-air. There are digital network channels that occaisionally show some HD programming. (ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, UPN) The digital signal is much better than regular off-air analog. It can be picked up with a standard Radio Shack UHF antenna like we all had on our roof tops 20 years ago. These indoor glorified HD antennas are junk. I equate them to rabbit ears with the little loop for UHF. I've got a RadioShack old style off-air antenna hanging from a rafter in my attic. I use standard 75 ohm coax (RG-6)and no amp. Works very well. If you want Discovery HD (great channel) or HD Net or HBO HD then get digital cable or Direct TV HD.

Kishore
Unregistered guest
I figured out on How to get Digital Channles (HD when broadcasted). I connected the antenna to "UHF/VHF" and ran autoprogram and picked up Digital channles. Sony support pointed me in the wrong direction asking me to connect to "Cable In" which did not work but picked up Analog Channels.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us