Postage Stamp

Anonymous

What am I doing wrong????

A 32" Panasonic HD ready flat screen TV. I subscribe to cable including many digital cable channels.

The digital cable channels look great and the HD programs are oustanding. I new I would have the "letterbox" effect when viewing HD widescreen on a 4:3 aspect ratio tv, that was all explained to me.

Here's what I don't understand. I also have a OTA digital receiver so I can receive all the local digital channels that the cable company does not carry. However, when they are not broadcasting in HD all I have on the screen is a "postage stamp" display, sidebars plus letterbox, in effect my 32" display is now about 25". Is there any way around this ?

Thanks, Chuck

Anonymous

Zoom may work. Unfortunately, on a 4:3 that receives digital signal the side bars are added in along with letterboxing creating postage stamp. Living in the 4:3 to 16:9 transitional period leaves people on both sides agonized.

Anonymous

>>Zoom may work<<
Tried that and all it did was stretch the picture vertically and left the side bars.

>>on a 4:3 that receives digital signal the side bars are added in along with letterboxing creating postage stamp.<<
But if I view a digital signal with the cable tuner box the picture is great and it's full screen.

Chuck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us