Reviews of Sony KD34-XBR960?

Username: Lobo65

Post Number: 6
I just bought this TV the other day at Circuit City, and am very pleased with the picture. I did some research before buying, and saw that it was rated as having pretty much the best HD picture out there. I'm not getting HD right off the bat until I can afford the DirecTV HD TIVO though. I can't survive without a TIVO, so I'll continue using my standard one and regular satellite receiver for now.

Does anyone else have any opinions about this TV? I haven't learned all the features yet, but it looks like a good one.

Username: Justintoxicated

Post Number: 7
I I liked that TV alot, however I don't think the picture is any better than the XS series. it Just had more features (firewire) and is able to display 2 TV stations Side by side across the whole screen vs only with PnP on the xs (might be useful for comparing different kinds of cables, different brand components vs HDMI cable etc)...But these 2 features were not worth the extra $500 more than the 34XS955 to me. But if you need them then it is definately a better set. You should be able to get free HD channels over the air with the built in tuner.

Username: Lobo65

Post Number: 7
Thanks. I am very satisfied with it so far, but boy is it ever heavy. The Circuit City website said it weighed 194 lbs., but the guys at the store said it was 230 lbs. It was a struggle for me and my buddy to get it into the entertainment center I bought.

Bronze Member
Username: Justintoxicated

Post Number: 11
I'm sure it was worth it!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us