65" RCA Scenium HDTV- blue translucent image on screen after electrical pop

Username: Mkbyrd

AL US

Post Number: 1
I have a 65" RCA Scenium HDTV ~2 years old. Not used much except for DVD viewing. After putting in a DVD the screen was garbled so the DVD was ejected to clean it. While the DVD was still out of the player I heard a high pitched pop. The DVD was reinserted and plays fine except there is a blue translucent image about the size of your hand in the middle of the screen. TV was turned off and unplugged for a while and restarted. Still has the image. DVD player was completely unhooked but still no change. The image shows with TV tuner or any other source. I blocked each of the tube projections off to see if it had an affect. Only the Red tube appeared to have an affect. Not sure though because when the red is blocked the screen turns slightly blue and may be hiding the image. The image is distinct. It has a vertical line with 2 balls at the top and 2 at the bottom with an S shaped looking pattern across it almost like a picture of a flag pole with a flag draped around it. Sorry for the details. Does any one have a suggestion for what has happened? Any possible suggestions would be appreciated. I just don't like to call a repair service when I don't have any idea of what is wrong.

Unregistered guest
Hi Michael.

I Am a tv Tech and worked on almost 20 RCA Scenium HDTV's and fixed all except one similar to your case. The screen appears as 3 translucent lines red, blue and green. If you observe carefully in the picture tube, there were scratches. This could have occured possibly because there is a fluid between the tube and the lens. Residues build up with time and settles at the bottom hence forming a thin line. Or it's life was out. I don't know how. RCA's are one of the most advanced tv's to work on and I Have learnt alot.

The best solution is to replace the damaged tube, but note that resetting the convergence is alot of work and has to be done. If you need work done mail me.

Thank You.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us