Help

Anonymous

ive just got a 34inch flat screen panasonic tv. i used to have an old 29' phillips tv which didnt have component dvd and had the old school screen not the flat. i found when playing games or watching tv the phillips did a better job. with movies the panasonic was good with the dvd component wire but not too impressive. now i am a bit confusied about this matter. i thought new tech over the old should produce satisfying results. any suggestions. thanks

Username: Bennie

Reading

Post Number: 3
go and have a wank, and then put the phillips in another room.

Username: Videoguy

Post Number: 5
Yes in a perfect world new tech is supposed to be better but we are victims of cheap consumer electronics. I have a flat-screen TV that I'm not totally impressed with either (geometry problems i.e. crocked lines that are supposed to be straight). My suggestion is if your Phillips TV still works fine just keep using it. Agreed on having wank, makes everything better;)

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 351
Guys help me to understand and forgive my ignorance. But what is a "wank"?

Bronze Member
Username: Videoguy

Post Number: 11
Definition can be found here: http://www.answers.com/wank

Silver Member

Post Number: 354
Steve, thanks a lot. I actually learned something for a change.

Anonymous

When I go in the store and see the raved about HD 16:9 sets such as Sony XBR and then look at the 32inch 4:3 with HD sets I think they have a much sharper picture than the raved about 16:9 sets. I have gone in and adjusted the Sony 34 inch XBR for time on end in different stores so it was not one bad tv and I can!t get the XBR to look as good. Not as sharp and hard to coax any brightness out of them at all. The Sony XBR is raved about as the best there is by the editorial reviews. I disagree.

Silver Member

Post Number: 370
Interesting observation Anon. I own both a Sony 32 inch HD set and the 34XBR960 and in my home, the XBR is clearly better on HD sources. It produces the best image I have ever seen from HD sources. The 32 inch set does have an edge on standard cable however. I set them both up using DVE. I have no problems with brightness, but I make an effort to control the amount of room light. The HD pictures are nothing short of stunning. Curious as to how we can perceive differences.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us