Pioneer or Sony?? Help!!!!

Username: Seanmdh

Kansas City, Ks Usa

Post Number: 1
OK I am having a dillema here I and really would like some advice on what to to. I own a 53" pioneer model number SD532hd5 that I purchased for $3,500. On March 3rd it will be 4 years that I have owned it and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I really love this tv but in the past year we have had to get a couple of parts replaced on it. Now I purchased this tv at Best Buy and also purchased the replacemt plan on it and since we have had best buy come out here 3 times to look at it and replace parts I am now eligable to return the tv and get a brand new tv. Now the parts that they replaced seem to have stopped the tv from turning off on its own and it still looks like it did the day I bought it. So my dillema is do I exchange the tv for a newer tv with newer technology or does this tv still out perform the new tvs. If we replace this tv we would also have to replace are HD set top box because we have a RCS DTC-100 and we use a RGB computer cable to send the signal from it to the tv.

Now we only would have I think $3,500 to work with at best buy and the only tvs there now that I THINK would be of equal quality would be The Sony Grand WEGA 60" HD-Ready Rear-Projection LCD TV with DVI Input & 2-Tuner PIP - Silver
Model: KF60WE610 OR The Sony Grand WEGA 60" Widescreen Rear-Projection LCD HDTV with HDMI Input & Memory Stick Slot Model: KDF60XS955.

So the BIG Question is, since I have the option to get a new tv even though I love this tv, should I take it? And if so then what tv from best buy would be of equal or greater quality then my Pioneer. I have always loved pioneer and have regarded to them as the best in my books but if anybody with some real knowledge could give me some good advice as to what to do we would really appreciate it.

Thanks alot for the help!!!!

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us