Sony Grand WEGA 'stuck' pixel repair policy

Username: Robnyc

Post Number: 1
If anyone has had success with getting Sony to repair a Grand Wega with stuck pixels can they please share the 'secret'?
I've had the KF42WE610 for 10 months and have had no problems until last night. We noticed that the picture had a reddish tint on anything we viewed. Then I saw a lone bright red pixel right in the middle of the screen. It is really noticeable on dark backgrounds and it seems to 'bleed' onto the surrounding pixels. If it was just viewable from a foot or two I would not care but it is very noticeable from my viewing area 10 feet away.

I checked out Sony website and they state that this is 'normal.'

Any advice would be much appreciated!

why do you have to ask?
Unregistered guest
I would tell you to call Sony since they have a year warranty since it is free. If they can't or won't help you contact the BBB. Others seem to have issues resolved after contacting BBB.

Username: Robnyc

Post Number: 2
I am asking due to the statement on Sony's website and have found other postings where Sony turned them down. Sony states:
Symptom:
When viewing a program on the LCD Projection TV, a black dot may appear or bright points of light (red, blue or green) may appear constantly on the LCD screen.

Resolution:

This is normal. This is a structural property of the LCD panel and is not a malfunction.

!!!!!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us