link to flash file and downloader........peace....jmill
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/spiderdvb/

Silver Member
Username: Jmill1948

Chester, Va Usa

Post Number: 474
review from another site..........

DVB500, good, but how good?

When we were asked by Jhon from Dss-Jmvip3mfiles to test the new receiver on the market called DVB500 we were very much interested. The company claims that this receiver is much better than any Pansat receiver. That's a big hill to climb figuring that Pansat is regarded by many and us to be the best FTA receiver on the market. So everyone here was very skeptical and curious to see how good it really performs. When we received the demo receiver by courier yesterday afternoon we thought finally it arrived.

I opened the package up eager to test and play with its features. Upon opening I found the box to be packaged very well from the company in a professional looking box. Inside the box we discovered a remote control with batteries and a well-explained service manual. The receiver looks very sleek with a nice bright LCD screen showing the channel and time when power is off. The front panel of the receiver has 8 buttons ... On/Off,Volume,Channel,etc. At this point we are pleased with the product.

The receiver was pre-flashed and was working within 5 mins , I was please not having to flash and was able to start testing right away. The first thing was getting to the main menu which we easily accessed with the remote and displayed 5 main options. The first thing we wanted to obtain was a signal and went to Installation which had listed every satellite with all the correct frequencies We started with Nimiq1 which had all the correct settings and once the signal was located the receiver begun to auto search for channels. The process for channel surfing took long like all other receivers but it did seem to be a little faster then a fortec or pansat. The presentation of the receiver from shipping to the main menu everything seemed to be very polished. Installation was a breeze and was fully setup with a very short time.

The image and picture seemed very clear and fit perfectly on my TV screen. The picture in my option was better then pansat and fortec as well. The difference is hard to tell but if you really take the time and place two TVs side by side with a pansat you will notice a small difference. I used the RCA video and audio outputs for both systems and was a little upset about no S-Video output. Many people enjoy and use S-Video, but with the DVB500 you will have no choice but to use the famous yellow video cable. The channel flipping was quick and much quicker then other FTA receivers; the avg time was 1.3 sec to display the channel. When starting the receiver up the channel appears quickly and loads fairly fast. The video was great, but the sound was a little rough when the volume got turned up real loud , it came across a little cracky.

Everything to this point was very positive until we tried to get some information about programming with the EPG. The first try showed us what was being displayed on the present viewing channel, however when I wanted information about the actual show (Plot) ...It showed incorrect information from another show. I started to focus more of my time with the EPG and found more problems. I found it not consistent and sometimes it would show nothing for the current channel, then other times it would show programming for over 24 hours. The EPG has a serious BUG and needs to be fixed either by software. The EPG only allows you to view one channel listing at a time instead of having a complete chart like Pansat or Fortec. Showing 20 - 30 channels all on same screen ,,,, which makes EPG more friendly

To display channels in your favorites seems tricky not sure how good it works either, but after reading the manual I found out how. Another problem mentioned from eariler people was display order , if you read the manual once again it will show you how to edit the display order were YOU CAN view the channels in alphabetical order.

Final verdict : This receiver has nice options and has enough power to drop any other FTA receiver. The ease of setup and installation is very user friendly and enjoyable to program.

But the lack of a fully working EPG brings the product rating down a little. The missing of S-video is a bummer but not that bad considering there are many other positive features.

Should You buy ? The price is a little high for this FTA receiver right now , last time I check it was over 240.00 US which is high compared to a pansat or fortec. If they lower the price below 200.00 and fix the EPG bug ..... then it would be my pick.

Pros :

Fast CPU
Easy install
Fast channel loading
Professional presentation
Better picture quality than Pansat or Fortec
PIP when browsing menu or EPG
Cons :

Sound quality
EPG
No S-Video
High price
Display order a little tricky

Your Forum Area

User Name Remember Me?
Password

News

Risking privacy for TV
posted by Warthog, 10 Hours Ago
As part of a nationwide ad campaign, satellite TV provider Dish Network asks, "Why is digital cable so expensive?" And that's a perfectly valid question. But potential customers may want to ask a question of their own: Why does Dish insist that...
0 replies posted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home - Forum - ChannelList - Contact Us - Join Us - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2004 DVB50 All rights reserved.

Bronze Member
Username: Jmvip3mfiles

USA, USA

Post Number: 35
Week Special !!!!!!!!!!!SPaceStar DVB500 $220.00
only this week.....
Upload

http://dss-jmvip3mfiles.com

Bronze Member
Username: Knee_grow

Post Number: 17
fcuknig rip-off...go scaam somewhere else you azzhole..

Silver Member

Chester, Va Usa

Post Number: 477
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Week Special !!!!!!!!!!!SPaceStar DVB500 $220.00
only this week.....

http://dss-jmvip3mfiles.com

WOW this is a steal 220.00 delivered free in the usa......check it out ..jmill

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
^^^^^^^^^^^^
stay away....this guy if fcuking retard hard up for money....are you still charging $10 for a pansat file you get free on the net? Idiot..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
^^^^^^^^^^^^
stay away....this guy if fcuking retard hard up for money....are you still charging $10 for a pansat file you get free on the net? Idiot..

LK
Unregistered guest
James..even by your own previous posts after a dealer review.

"The price is a little high for this FTA receiver right now , last time I check it was over 240.00 US which is high compared to a pansat or fortec. If they lower the price below 200.00 and fix the EPG bug ..... then it would be my pick"

Silver Member

Chester, Va Usa

Post Number: 478
I believe the epg will be working very soon.i know i will be flamed for saying that but keep your imagination open and think about it............it show loading data.but the source wasnt found i think it will be found soon...as far as price thats fairly good includes shipping........jmill

Silver Member

Chester, Va Usa

Post Number: 479
the price now is 220 delivered in the usa..sorry bout that meant to put that in other post.......jmill
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us