Connecting 2-Wire Antenna Wire / UHF on TV???

Username: Buddy_secor

Post Number: 1
OK, This is probably a stupid question and I hope not to embarris myself too bad, but here goes... My sister has a regular VHF/UHF antenna on her roof. It has 2-wire coming into the house. Her newer TV only has a coax type screw in connection. We connected the 2-wire to one of those coax end connects and plugged it into the back of her TV. She has great reception in the VHF range, channels 1-13. However, the UHF range in channels above 13 are extremely fuzzy and impossible to watch. What are we doing wrong? Old TV's had a place to wire the UHF leads, but the newer ones have RCA, coax, s-video, component and the like. How do you go from old tech antenna 2-wire to a new TV with only coax? Your response would be greatly appreciated. Buddy Secor buddysecor@adelphia.net

Trent Foster
Unregistered guest
I used an indoor/outdoor 75W to 300W matching transformer that hooked to the two prongs of the antenna that cost only a couple of bucks (it came with a rubber boot to keep dry). I removed the 2-wire and ran rg-6 from the other end of the transformer into my house into the tv. The rg-6 cost maybe 10 bucks at the hardware store. Rg-59 was a little cheaper but I will be getting a new high definition tv and rg-6 is better for picking up digital signals in the uhf band. Hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us