Some good news....

Username: Tonygiacobbe

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 6
I owned a HLN 5065 Samsung and had issues with the Color Wheel (went thru 3) and one Lamp - called Samsung Canada for months and whinned and whinned and whinned and escalated till' finally got the Service Manager for Canada to agree to let me upgrade to a new HLP-5085W Pedestal Samsung - paid the $1,200 dollar difference and away I went. MY GOD! This thing is AWESOME! Pic quality is out of this world! I would put it up against most Plasma's, especially in DVD mode. I am sorry to hear about all of your troubles (and I share your frustration) but try FREAKING out on Samsung, and keep escalating until they do for you what they did for me. For those of you that purchased the first models of the DLP (like me); they came with Ball Bearing color wheels that were quickly replaced with Air Driven color wheels due to quick burn out of the bearings. Once the bearings begin to go you will hear a high pitched whinning coming out of the front left speaker. If you put your ear towards the back you will hear it even louder. At that point folks, your days are numbered! Hope this helps someone out there!

Discovering
Unregistered guest
Congrats! That's very good news. Maybe in a year or so they will trade me a three chip for my P5063. Bye bye color wheel!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us