Bottom Line: Samsung -vs- JVC

Username: Nachoman91

Cincinnati, OH USA

Post Number: 3
So I have narrowed down my TV selection to the Samsung HLP5063 and the JVC HD-52Z575. I', sure most of you are familiar with both so can someone give me a breakdown of which is the better buy?

Anonymous

JVC hands down. Sharper picture and no moving parts. The 5063 has the HD3 chip which has a much softer picture. If you want to compare sets with similar picture quality you would have to compare the JVC with the samsung 5085, not the 5063.

Bronze Member
Username: Dmako

Post Number: 90
I can't coment on the Samsung. But I did have a Mitsu DLP set and could not stand the rainbows.

Now have a JVC 52Z575.

Discovering
Unregistered guest
I had no idea that JVC has a three chip rear projection! I don't know about the softer picture, but the Samsung's are a single chip with a 9000RPM color wheel. I have the P5063W and while I've weathered some growing pains with it (bulb replaced, color wheel replaced, slight sound sync issue) I think the picture is unmatched. However, I think any single chip set owner wants an affordable 3 chip rear projection (if the picture quality is there.) I thought the 3 chip was only available in front projection high-end displays. I would really like to see a JVC. (wasn't available for my eyes to see) If you have seen them both in person, and the picture looks comparable to you, then the 3 chip JVC is definitely the way to go. Get the extended warranty no matter what. Excellent pricing too! I learn something new every time I come to this forum.

http://www.streetprices.com/Electronics/Consumer/TV/Projection_52in/SP2279214.ht ml

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Murk

Post Number: 7
Does the JVC 52z575 have replacable bulbs, also i see rainbows on just about every dlp, does this tv have it also?

Bronze Member
Username: Dmako

Post Number: 91
JVC, replacable bulbs, Yes
JVC, rainbows, No

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 395
JVC, hands down.

Bronze Member
Username: Sailbyte

Post Number: 19
I too purchased the JVC -- side by side in most stores it looked the best (some stores had poorer feed). Because no movable parts (mirrors) the pixels are closer together which gives a sharper picture. I also found it to have a wider viewing angle (i.e., picture remains sharp when watching from the side or standing.

I have also had good luck with JVC for many years now and have all JVC components -- compulink is very nice although there are a few issues (doesn't automatically recogonize digital in). I am so trusting, I decided not to fork out the money for the extended warrenty -- doesn't usually cover the bulb anyway and figured even if had a single service call I would still be ahead.

Discovering
Unregistered guest
I was completely confused by an Infinity Audio ad, which incorrectly describes the JVC as a DLP.

http://www.infinitiphoto.com/viewitem.php?IndexID=5410&RefTag=STREETPRICES

Of course, it is not a DLP. It's a LCOS.

"LCoS (Liquid Crystal on Silicon) has been one of the most eagerly-awaited big-screen TV display technologies. And one of the highest-performing LCoS designs is JVC's D-ILA (Direct-drive Image Light Amplifier)."

My apologies for not researching further.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us