Explorer 3100, bad picture, tiling, pixelation, blocks..Help!

Username: Charlie6264

Post Number: 1
I recently signed up for Adelphia's digital cable and am pretty disapointed with the picture quality. I tried connecting the set top box to my tv with the coaxial cable..Eh..OK picture but a lot of static as you turn the volume up. Next, I connected it to the tv with standard RCA cables. This worked a lot better...The sound was great but I saw slight pixelation, soft tiling, etc.. Next, I tried an S-video cable for the video and RCA cables for the audio. This was worse yet. The sound was great but, the picture got worse. It had chunky blocks of distortion in the back grounds, fuzzy pixelated halos around the objects that were supposed to be close up and sharp, etc...Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Unregistered guest
I am having the same problems with my $59/month digital cable from Time Warner in Keene, NH. Three technicians have been to my house and tested my signal. Each said they didn't notice much. One even said "well it's those old movies they don't look so good." I don't remember Hitchcock adding pixels!!!! I would get a dish and say screw Time Warner but they wouldn't care and my west/south view is blocked. Frustration....

Username: Charlie6264

Post Number: 2
Since I posted this question, I've had a teckie out here to look at my picture quality. Basically, he stated that the weird tiles, boxes and squares are normal and are due to the fact the the signal is so compressed to cram it into the 0 - 1000mhz frequency range. So...Such is life.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us