Samsung 5063W DLP Component Video Problem

Username: Bosshogg

Houston, TX United States

Post Number: 1
I have a Samsung 5063W TV. Any DVD Player or source i hook up to the component ports, 1 or 2 the picture is purple and real grainy. When I hookup S-video or rca cables the picture is fine. I have tried different dvd players, and a different component video cable and still same problem. I contacted Samsung technical support and they said that the component video ports on the TV must be bad some how. Any suggestions or does that sound correct. The TV is only 2 months old.

Username: Tjidaho

Post Number: 1
I have had a Samsung 5063W DLP Set for a month now and have to say that the picture quality when using my Samsung DVI ready DVD player is great. However, when watching football on the set getting the signal from my dish network reciever, the picture is marginal at best. Seems like the high rate of movement overwhelms the TV. I called the satelite company and they said that purchasing an HD reciever for $600 may help the problem on the few HD ready satelite channels out there but that seems like overkill. Can anyone out there shed any light on how to possibly fix this? I have an in home service contract from Circuit City but don't want to call them if it's not the TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us