Toshiba SD3900 DVD - Lost contact to JVC TV Suddenly

Unregistered guest
Help! I received a Toshiba SD3900 DVD player as a gift last week (Christmas 2004). At first, it worked just fine. However, two days ago it started giving trouble. It powers up ok and the discs go in ok. All controls work. Everything looks fine, EXCEPT it no longer comes up on my TV screen. Not even the intro "Welcome" screen or menu will come up. When I switch video inputs I get a very quick "blip" of sound before the TV returns to the blue screen, indicating that there IS something there getting from the DVD player but no longer staying up. I've checked all the cables and have changed nothing but still can't it to display anything on the TV screen. Can anyone help? (And calling Toshiba Canada was a waste of time. Just got automatic voice main that went nowhere, eventually breaking the connection and hanging up on me.) Sure would appreciate some help. Thanks.

Urmensch
Unregistered guest
What model JVC TV do you have? I get similar results with an older JVC AV-36D501 TV when using component cables to connect to the SD-3900.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us