Component Video issue with AV Receiver

Username: Adam1680

Post Number: 8
I thought I would post this here too, seems like different folks read here that might have some other insight. I posted for help in the A/V Receivers section as well. Thanks for any help you might be able to give me in advance!

Hrmm.. Hate to sound stupid, but for some reason I can't get my component monitor out to work on my HK 525. Anyone with any insight would be much appreciated. My TV is a Mitsubishi WS-55807 and I'm running a set of component cables from the DTV input (tried setting them at RGB and Y Pr Pb in the TV setup) and it connects to the Monitor Out Component section on the HK, but I get no video. As soon as I plug a S-Video cable from the Monitor Out on the HK to the video-1 on the TV, everything works.

I even tried going from the HK Monitor out component to the TV Component Input 1 or 2 and setting up that input and no picture.. THere are some AV settings on the TV if you're hooking up a receiver and I tried most of those possibilities. In the HK manual it says that it will automatically use the component monitor outs if they're plugged in..

Sorry to rant, hopefully you guys can give me some ideas..

Username: Adam1680

Post Number: 10
Nevermind, the AV receiver does not convert my S-Video in signal from my TiVo box to the Component out.. I have to run a S-Video and a Component cable from the receiver to the TV unless I buy a new Direct TV box that has component out.

Thanks anyhow..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us