New 30" Sanyo HDTV at Walmarts

Anonymous

New 30 inch widescreen Sanyo with intergrated HDTV tuner and HDMI inputs - all for $699, very impressive really. I saw today and it looks pretty nice

Great starter set for many, just hook an inexpensive settop HD antenna and point toward antenna farm in area and for many good HD signals s/b attainable even w/o cable or Satellite

Of course a 30" HD inch set is best for someone able to sit only 3 to 4 feet away to get alot of the detail of a true HD broadcast

Note Hi Def tuners were running 300 to 400 dollars just months ago, and this is a complete TV with the digital tuner included

Anonymous

its not possible its gotta be a typo error,. gr

Anonymous

no typo,iNTEGRATED TUNER 30" WIDE SCREEN HDTV with HDMI -complete - for $699, saw the TV itself and same units boxed. No delivery problem with this one either, it can be carried.

Walmart does it again

xt14
Unregistered guest
yep, just bought one actually for $647. Integrated tuner, displays 480p, 720p, and 1080i. HDMI, dolby digital out. Works great, nothing competes.

Rjones
Unregistered guest
I bought this set for my bedroom. Out of the box this set can't be beat. It is a great bang for the buck and it really rocks with my Voom DBS system.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
displays 480p, 720p, and 1080i.

A minor but important point. It displays 1080i but will accept other inputs and convert (scale) them to 1080i for display.

xvxvxvx

Mr Wizard
Unregistered guest
The best deal I could find to get into HDTV. Even my non tech wife loves it. It even makes regular TV look better and my Dish Network looks great and it isn't HDTV.

jdfalsdjfha
Unregistered guest
I've had this for a couple months and love it, even appears to have a cable-capable hd tuner. I get HD ESPN, INHD, etc. just by plugging in the cable into the digital coax in the back. no set top box reqd

Anonymous

WALMART understands what people need and they will sell huge quantities of these SANYO HDTV's with built-in tuners. Note they are next planning to enter the Plasma HD market in a big way with ultra low cost 42 inch 720p Plasmas produced in China

Anonymous

I was at Circuit City about 2 weeks ago. They have a Samsung 27 inch HDTV with built in tuner for $599.

Unregistered guest
I just got a 30 inch widescreen hdtv...love the picture but didn't get a manuel with it because they were out and am ordering me one..is regular tv cut down to 20 inch or is there somthing I can adjust..are there tv programs in widescreen..I have so much to learn, please help if you can.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
A 4:3 ratio (what you call regular TV) will look the approximately same as if you had a 24" display when viewed on your 30" 16:9 ratio display.

Most displays have various "stretch modes" that allow you to, remarkably enough, stretch 4:3 SD programming to either completely or partially fill your 16:9 display screen.

xvxvxvx

NickyCT
Unregistered guest
Just got one today for $647.00 and got 10% of cause I know someone that works there. Total came out to about 644 dollars with 28 dollars HD Antenna. (I think I'll replace my antenna with a better one) I don't get ABC at all. the station is about 45 miles away from me though.
Picture looks awesome. One thing I don't like about it is that when you watch it will keep going through all your regular cable channel also.
Is there a way I can set up to have it go back to the first HD channel when I hit the last one. For now when I hit the last channel I have to press channel down to go back. Can't wait till all of the channel are HD.

Anonymous

Is 4 feet viewing distance really necessary? Does anyone view this set from 7 to 8 feet?

Anonymous

Is 4 feet viewing distance really necessary? Does anyone view this set from 7 to 8 feet?

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 323
Check here for details:http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2601424&cat=136948&type=19 &dept=3944&path=0%3A3944%3A172479%3A3996%3A179863#long_descr Looks like a good deal. Would love to see it up close.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 324
And here.http://www.sanyo.com/entertainment/televisions/digital/index.cfm?productID=904

Anonymous

Basic rule of thumb for HD set with a true high quality HD signal is 1.0 to 1.3 times sceen diagonal

Now many watch (and don't mind) hi def TV much further away -however the problem is they have outdistanced the actual HD detail.

If you had a 30 inch Sanyo and you were watching lets say the OSCAR awards which is a classic high quality hi def signal - you would need to sit 2.5 to 3.5 feet away max to experience the true "being there" impact

Username: Shinji

Post Number: 1
Hmmm... Now I know why I turned this one down. It isn't in 16:9 format which is what I was looking for. I opted for the Sony 30" FD Trinitron WEGA (KV-30HS420) from Circuit City for $900. Nice TV and it works best if you are approximately 3 feet away like I am. It has no integrated tuner though and no PIP. What really took me by surprise with the 32" Sanyo TV at Walmart (and I saw it BTW) was that while it has an optical output it has no inputs for that kind of signal. I would of half-expected there be an optical input for each of the component connections so that you can just pass then through to your surround sound system.

hillbilllytooo
Unregistered guest
Robert, you need optical output from the TV to make your Surround Sound system broadcast the TV signal at the best quality if you are getting a signal to the TV direct from the cable or OS antenna. If you are getting your signal from a CC box, then the optical would output from the CC box to the HT system.

John McGlynn
Unregistered guest
Went To Wal-Mart today and the 30" HDTV is now at $562. For those that have it are you still hapy with it?? I think I will buy one tomarrow, My 32" Sony just gave up after 20 plus years.I will give more input was the tv is on line.I have Dish network so hope all goes well.
John

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 918
What are the geometrics like? I have a fairly new Sanyo TV in the house, the geometrics are terribile, also crops off alot of the picture.

Unregistered guest
Their online spec for either the 30-inch or 32-inch version states only 330 lines of picture resolution for antenna input, the same as for their non-HDTV 32-inch TV. Doesn't seem consistent with 1080 horizontal scan lines.

onepcwiz
Unregistered guest
This is an excellent TV.. I bought the 30in 16x9 for $560 (ish).. It's incredible... I can watch from my kitchen (approx 20 ft away) and still looks great... I now sleep in the living room in front of the darn thing. and I hear that several new HD channels will be coming online soon (Cox Cable).

TJB
Unregistered guest
I just bought a Sanyo 30" HDTV from Walmart for $250. Display model reduced 50%.

Username: Bionicsniper

Des Moines, Iowa USA

Post Number: 6
there are a lot of sanyo tv's in my house and i have to say they do do a good job. If i can get it REALLY cheap it might bump a samsung out of the picture (doubght it though)

Anonymous

Saw a 42" Sanyo Plasma HD at Wal-Mart today.

Price was reduced three times from $2999 to $1,900.

Is this a good deal?

Unregistered guest
Inre Robert Pendell, April 11
He opted out of Sanyo 32, because its format was not 16:9. Now I am confused. By definition, the HDTV aspect ratio is 16:9, moreover the scanning ratio must be 720 or 1080i. The sales literature says the digital scanning is at 1080i. That literature also displays a picture that looks more like a 4:3. format. What gives?

ipod495
Unregistered guest
The Sanyo 30" HDTV is widescreen 16:9. It displays at 1080i like most consumer Hi Def CRT's. 720 will be converted to 1080. If you watch a regular program (non Hi Def) then it will be displayed in 4:3 with black boxes on the right and left. A Hi Def program like MNFootball will be displayed in 16:9 with no black bars on this set.

Unregistered guest
Just got the 28" 16:9 for $497 but there is quite a bit about it I was unhappy with. going to put a full review of it on my news site. PR News Now. Going to start a full section of reviews over there to much stuff I am buying these days is not making muster.

http://www.prnewsnow.com

xk8-300
Unregistered guest
Have had the Sanyo 30" HDTV since Dec '04...was concerned with Sanyo brand (fair non-HD TV's), but did a lot of research before buying...took a chance and haven't been disappointed.

As a professional in TV production, who is used to the very best quality video, I've been thoroughly impressed. This is an incredible TV for the price. Exceptional off-air HD picture...very good cable HD (only limited by cable provider-TW)...excellent inputs and outputs....very good color and geometry. Will probably buy another one, or two.

As a perfectionist, it's hard to believe I enjoy this Sanyo HDTV without being distracted by shortcomings normally experienced with other TV's...even much more expensive ones.

Only reason I'm sharing these impressions is because I wouldn't have bought this Sanyo 30" HDTV if I hadn't read so many unqualified, positive impressions of those who went before me.

abutcher
Unregistered guest
Saw the 30" Sanyo HDTV today, refurbished at Value City Dept store for $399, so I did a search and found this thread. I think I might give it a try. If I sign up for a VC Credit Card, I get another 15% off. I see on the Sanyo website it is out of production.

Unregistered guest
I have the 30 inch widescreen tv..it is amazing ( for even a large room. It will display 420p - 1080i
right out of the box with just a regular antenna. If you have a home theatre system, you can even get 5.1 dolby digital over the air and plug it to your surround sound receiver with the optical output.

I am selling mine though because I want projector instead. I will sell mine for 600 o.b.o I have only had it 2 months. I still have the manual and everything.

Anonymous

I have a HD Cable top-box. I use a splitter with one cable into the top box (& component cables to the TV) and the other cable into the TV. When I try PAP, the pap screen is C3, which doesn't appear to be anything. Help! How do I get PAP to work?

bobh
Unregistered guest
$299 at ValueCity in Ohio in October 2005.

Marked down from $399 and called "refurbished" but appeared to be a discontinued item. New in box. No defects. Sanyo makes same unit in 32 inch model now. Full featured HDTV for 299 dollars. Nearest local price is $1200 for something with a tuner.

Our family bought 3 and they are great.

Art Hewitt
Unregistered guest
Wal Mart has replaced the 30 inch with the 32 inch. So I am off to search for a 30 inch, refurbished or not. Thanks to all for the helpful and useful comments above.

Art Hewitt
Unregistered guest
My message should have had the date of December 16, 2005. Not January.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us