Which Dvd Rocorder offer high speed VHS to DVD recording?

Username: Illtww

Post Number: 1
I am totally overwhelmed on which recorder i am goin to buy to back up my collection of VHS takes of my kids..

Here is what i need:
(ranked highes to lowest)

I would like to have the ability to do faster than 1x vhs to dvd recording. If this is not plausable then oh well.

Image stabilization and and picture enhancment of older chs tapes so i can haev the best quality DVD backup.

Cost....

A dvd recorder / vhs dual deck so i don't have to worry about my old VHS players quality!

I do not see the need to edit the vhs tapes as this would take for ever with over 100 tapes!! But i like the ability to use it as a tivo later on...

How easy is it to edit the video with the machine once it is captured to the internal HDD drive?

Once i am donw with it i may be selling it as i have no need for it in the future unless i get the internal HD.

Thanks,
Travis W.

Post Number: 2
Can anyone point me in the RIGHT direction?

Any suggestions....

Thanks,
Travis W.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
1. You will need to use Time Warp technology in order to perform this miracle.

2. GIGO

3. All relative

4. Would not recommend one of these

5. Then you need a unit with an HDD

5a. Very easy on some, impossible on others

6. E-Bay is your friend

xvxvxvx

Post Number: 3
OK..

Can you reccomend some SPECIFIC models. I just want to dub from VHS to DVD with the best quality HDD and editing is NOT required!!

I CAN use my new SOny HI-FI 4 head VCR if the will produce image quality as good as an DVD-VHS in one unit!

Thanks,
Travis W.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Travis,

If you do not want to pay the extra $300+ for a unit with an HDD nearly any of the Liteon or LG units are inexpensive and will make a near-perfect copy of your VHS tapes and transfer them to a DVD.

If you might want to edit your tapes or do sole "TIVO-like" viewing in the future I recommend either the Panasonic E-85 or the Pioneer 520 models. The new sony 900 series is now available but they do not allow you to divide the titles on the HDD and some owners have found this to be very inconvenient.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us