Toshiba 52HMX94 audio setup

Username: Dutchdave

Holland, MI USA

Post Number: 5
Just bought a Toshiba 52HMX94 with the stand a week ago. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to set up my surround sound system. I have a receiver and some rear speakers from my old setup that I plan to use. Some questions:

1. I assume I'll want to front speakers, one subwoofer, and a center channel speaker. Does this sound right?

2. Any suggestions on mid priced speakers to fit the list in #1?

3. Where should I place the center speaker? On the TV stand shelf? Mounted on the wall center above the screen? There doesn't seem to be room to rest it on top of the set.

Answers to any of the above would be helpful.

Thanks

Unregistered guest
hey my name is walter, i work at a home theater store, in home theater sales. for a true surround sound you need a minimum of 5 surround speakers and one sub woofer. your subwoofer can go anywhere but is best in a corner, then you have a center channel speaker which goes best on top of your tv(except your tv is very narrow at the top, you will probly need to purchase or make a center channel shelf. sannus makes one, visit there web sight check it out.), then you have your front speakers which goes to the left and right of the tv(on the wall, on stands,bigger speakers will sit on the floor, or on an entertainment center.) then you have your two rear speakers which will go parallel to your front left and right speaker(or as close to it as possable). thats called 5.1 surround sound

depending on what you mean by mid priced, some good speakers may bee the polk 6750, or the infinity tss750 or tss450 package, or the polk rm10 package, or if you want to spend less try the dcm cinima package. those are all smaller wall mount able speakers. sound quality will not verry between placing speakers on the wall or on stands, thats all up to you random person, it's your personal style there. but one more maybee helpfull hint if you pay a little more for a mid line receiver it could make you life a little easyer check out the yamaha rxv650 or rxv750 both are great receivers will all of those speaker packs.

good luck to ya,

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us