Want new big screen, any suggestions, $1500-$2000

Username: Derek2299

Post Number: 3
I am looking for a new TV, 47-52 inches. I don't want to spend alot of cash, somewhere in the ballpark of $1500-$2000, I want the best picture that I can get with the least amount of problems. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Anonymous

LCD projection will give you the most incredible picture for the least cost. DLP can equal it, however you take the risk from getting dizzy or getting headaches from the spinning color wheel. Many people are not bothered by this however

Pan, Sony, Hit - all make good LCD 50 inch rear projectors that produce quite amazing pictures. They are practical sets and not quite at 2000 now though, but soon should be

FYI you should be aware your price range is very close to the entire class of new LCD front projectors that just came out - all full class 720p true HDTV units producing typically 92 inch plus pictures - PANASONIC PT-AE700U, INFOCUS 5000, SANYO Z3 -the major ones at the cheaper prices. Of course you need a semi-dedicated room with some light control or minimally child-protected environments, screens cost around 200 that do the job well - not practical for some. However, they produce a HI DEF picture when mated to hi def cable or SATELLITE blowing away anything you would ever see on display in a store like BEST BUY. These units compare to 20k theater units of just a few yrs back - and now sell at 1/10th the cost

Username: Mr_daniel

Houston, TX United States

Post Number: 1
What's the room like that the tv will be going into? Lights? Windows? Direct Sunlight? Are you limited on space? Do you mind having it sit on the floor or do you have a spot all ready designed for a tv to fit into? What kind of seating do you have? Directly in front of the set or obscure and indirect? Will the center of the tv be eye-level when you are sitting down? or will you be setting it higher up? just because you have a budget doesn't mean you should just jump head first into buying a tv. if you answer some of these questions i can give you a LOT better of a reccomendation.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us