RCA Scenium 165 Series

D Jackson
Unregistered guest
My new HD61LPW165 has been in service almost a week. I am really pleased with the overall performance and features.
I hope this new thread will serve as a forum for users to share their experiences with others.

To get started, let me tell you about the setup configuration.
Source: Cable One cable tv connection using a Motorola DCT6208 DVR/HDTV Receiver. This cablebox has a 160 mb DVR and this allows a neat feature of "Replay", "Pause, "Play" and "Live". Watching ESPNHD programs with the "Replay" feature is really a kick.
A/V Receiver is a Yamaha HTR 5790 w/7.1 Channel 700W. The sound is incredible on both HD tv and DVD sources.
DVD/VHS combo Recorder/Player is a RCA DRC 8300N.
Everything is hooked up with component video and digital audio connectors. The installer talked me out of DVI/HDMI from the cable box to the tv. Instead, I think we went component to the A/V receiver. Will study some more to understand how it is connected. There sure are a lot of cables.
Web Browser is fantastic. It is limited by not allowing "cookie" sites. When we first connected the ethernet cable, the tv immediately notified us of a firmware update and we downloaded it with no problem.
I am absolutely thrilled with the performance. As I gain more experience with the set, I will share my experiences with you.
Happy New Year!

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Just one small correction to your post: Your DCT6208 has an 80GB storage capacity not a 160MB capacity.

http://broadband.motorola.com/dvr/dct6208.asp

xvxvxvx

Username: Gpmo

Post Number: 4
What do the rest of you think of the pre-set picture settings? I like the professional setting the best but at times still find the dark area's of the screen to be too black. In my personal settings I turned down the color a bit and turned up the black level to get a little brighter picture.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us