Good Projectors under $1000??

Unregistered guest
Hello, I just wanted to know wat are some good projectors I should consider looking at for under $1,000, I have looked at the Epson Powerlite S1+ and Sharps Notevision XR-1S Projector so far. I intend to use this projector for church,presentations, and home theater use. I dont know much about projectors and also wanted to know wats DLP and LCD?? which one is better? Thanks!

Murphy/Again
Unregistered guest
Screen play 4805 is a home run .having mine for 2 mounths and putting 200 hours on it cam easy . For $1,050 you can pick up a unit and speend another 300 for a electric screen (elitescreen ) . Both units together has made me my family and half the neigbors on my street very very happy .

Cheers and good luck

Anonymous

ok i will concede for a price of only $1050 the 4805 w/b a rock bottom good buy, and for many that is probably all they need to get the job done

wahoowheat
Unregistered guest
Where does one get a 4805 for $1050?

Unregistered guest
hey where can I get the 4805 for $1050, its urgent pls.

Anonymous

I think the $1050 price for the Infocus 4805 referred to by the poster above could refer to the "back of the white van" price offered by an assortment of shady characters (including the midget with the dirty mouth and the tall guy with blonde stringy hair) moving one step ahead of authorities across the USA and hawking products outside of Malls and parking lots selling alleged overstock "world class" THEATER INNOVATION and THEATER RESEARCH SPEAKERS (see other threads for the latest reports on sightings and ripoffs)

The going 4805 price seems to be more like $1250 plus which of course puts it that much closer to the true 720p HD's like the Sanyo Z3, Infocus 5000, and the AE700u

TPE
Unregistered guest
For all of those prices above, you are looking at a LCD projector, not DLP (if so then it is a very low grade DLP). I am not familiar with Infocus products, but if it retails for $1250, it is very possible a reputable dealer can sell it for $1050, the difference is not near enough to throw up a red flag. AV equipment has a nice margin, to be $200-300 off price on a $1200 would be legit. Now if you can finde the product for $500 and below....walk away..theres a problem!

Levitan
Unregistered guest
Costco had the 4805 for $999 (after rebates, regular $1199) back in January of this year. The deal came with a free 76" screen and also carried Costco's lifetime guarantee of satisfaction.

I jumped all over this offer and have been using it as the center piece of my home theater ever since. For DVD, the PQ is as good as it gets and the 4805 does a very admirable job of scaling HDTV as well. The native 480p panel cannot display "true" High-Def, but if your seating distance is 2- 2.5X screen width, this is not a major problem. I have A/B-compared HDTV on my 1080i big-box and on the 4805 and actually think the "not-real-High-Def" image of the 4805 was nearly the same as the 1080i Samsung RP-HDTV I have as well.

If you have never owned a projector adn are looking to get into the field with minimal risk and outstanding price-to-value, find a 4805 or an Optoma H31 and make the plunge. Provided that you have the proper envirnment for FP (not everyone does), you will not be sorry.

Bronze Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 60
I concur. I have bought the 4805 from Costco for $1100 including the 6x4 foot pull down screen. No shady deal there and I highly recommend it. I don't know if they are still selling it though. I saw the Infocus X1 model (slightly older) for $799 at Compusa

daniel benatar
Unregistered guest
which projector is better the lcd or dlp type, and why?

thanks, daniel
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us