Tivo wont work with a Cable Card Sony

Username: Trjam

Post Number: 1
Tell me if I am wrong but, if I go with a cable card from my cable company, how does Tivo know to turn to and display channels that are encrypted through the cable card. Since it uses a/v hookups, it wont work will it. Thanks.

TBill
Unregistered guest
I just discovered that problem. Using an RF splitter helps to some degree because TIVO can access cable directly, but the way TIVO is programmed, it only recognizes the basic cable channels without a cable box. It seems like it would be an easy fix to have TIVO directly record all the channels without the box, but I have not been able to figure that out.

Bronze Member
Username: Lampright

Syracuse, Utah USA

Post Number: 49
Tivo is working on a cable card version, which should be awesome! You should be able to record HD when this comes out!

Until then, you need to set up the IR blaster, connect the Tivo to your digital cable box with Svideo and then you should be able to record anything you can watch on your cable box.

But, what is even better, call up your cable company and ask if they have their HD DVR's out yet. Comcast has awesome HD DVR's with 2 tuners and they're only $10/month.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us