Unable to get clock info to download for Panasonic DMR-E85 clock setting

Username: Jholiverjr

Hyde Park, MA USA

Post Number: 1
My DMR-E85 suddenly stopped keeping the correct time. I mean it was 4 hours begin the current time. So, I decided to correct this issue by resetting it. That's when my problems begin; I went to the "setup" menu to set the time and date and the cannot get this clock info to download so that I can change the time. My DMR-E85 has been flashing "12:00" for the past week or so.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
You can just set it to Auto and it will find the correct time from the local PBS channel as long as you have the correct zipcode setup on your Guide. Try zip 01776, I used to live in that one! :-)

xvxvxvx

Hyde Park, MA USA

Post Number: 2
Thread: Unable to get clock info to download for Panasonic DMR-E85 clock setting;..

I am still having issues with setting the clock on this unit. It seems to be stuck at 1/1/2000 12:00AM. When the unit is turned off the time flashes at 12:00. If you go to the "setup" menu and attempt to set the clock, manually or automatically, there is no data downloaded to allow you to set the time or calendar. This is very frustrating.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
All I can think of now that you told us the date is incorrect as well is that you need a hard reboot. If that does not work I hope your warranty has not yet expired. Press and hold the power button (on the unit itself not on the remote) till the unit resets. If that does not help Pannys are known to be "self-repaired" by pulling the power plug from the wall for 10 minutes or so.

Good luck,

xvxvxvx

Hyde Park, MA USA

Post Number: 3
I have tried pulling the plug from the wall for 10 minutes to up to several hours. The problem is that the clock/date information is not present for a possible setting of the time and date. I will try pressing and holding the power button until the unit resets again. I have tried holding the channel buttons for a few seconds until the unit turns off and that does shut the unit down but when you power up you still have no access to changing the time/date. I have also called Panasonic and there hold time is an hour or more.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
I have also called Panasonic and there hold time is an hour or more.

You are sure right about this. The first time I called them it became a contest of who could last longer. Im proud to say I won the battle and got my question answered. :-)

xvxvxvx

Hyde Park, MA USA

Post Number: 4
I actually need to call them because I have tried taking every step that you suggested except calling Pannys and waiting out the hold time. Thanks for you advice.

Hyde Park, MA USA

Post Number: 5
I actually need to call them because I have tried taking every step that you suggested except calling Pannys and waiting out the hold time. Thanks for you advice.

Hyde Park, MA USA

Post Number: 6
I actually need to call them because I have tried taking every step that you suggested except calling Pannys and waiting out the hold time. Thanks for your advice.

Hyde Park, MA USA

Post Number: 7
I was finally able to get my DMR-E85 Clock to automatically set. I put three calls into Panasonic. I was informed by one of the tech that the "E85" doesn't always allow you to manually set the clock. I also realized that I needed to try the auto clock set again. I discovered that I did not have my cable box connection to the right input( it should be L3 and not L1). I reconnected the cablebox to L3 and ran through the setup once again and the time was set via the cable system.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
you mean like I suggested above when I wrote "You can just set it to Auto.....?

LOL :-)

Glad you got it working, just remember I may not always be right but I will always be less wrong than you! :-)

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us