Dvd-vcr hookup

DH
Unregistered guest
Can someone PLEASE remind me how to connect my dvd player thru the vcr??? Thank you!

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 543
Don't run it through the VCR, you will probably have copyguard problems. Connect it to the TV.

Lynne
Unregistered guest
What about hooking up the DVD through a Rogers Digital set-top box?

Kristie
Unregistered guest
I have a older tv that doesn't have the video/audio cable connections. I have my vcr hooked up to the tv which works fine. But now I want to hook up my new dvd player and tried to hook it up through my vcr. It doesn't work. Does anyone have any ideas to fix this problem? I would like to have both vcr and dvd working.
Thanks for any help!!

Anonymous

I HAVE MISPLACED MY MANUAL FOR THE VCR/DVD COMBINATION UNIT,MODEL V782W.
WHERE CAN I GET A REPLACEMENT MANUAL,AS I HAVE HAD MY COMBO UNIT,ABOUT TWO YEARS.
I RECENTLY PURCHASED A NEW LG TV FROM MEGAMART.
I HAD THE TV AND COMBO UNIT WORKING FOR ABOUT THREE DAYS,BUT NOW THE COMBO UNIT IS READING ERROR A.

Unregistered guest
I lost my guide for my Sony Vcr could you help me with my code numbers so I can program it with A
Universal Remote?

Unregistered guest
Anyone know of a universal remote that works with a Samsung DVD/VCR Combo unit (# DVD-v3500)? Have already tried (5) with no luck!

Silver Member

Post Number: 708
One For All remotes have the highest compatibility/

TONYA1206
Unregistered guest
I NEED HELP. I HAVE AN OLDER TV AND I AM WANTING TO HOOK UP A DVD PLAYER TO IT BUT THE CONNECTIONS ON THE TV ARENT THE ONES I NEED. I HEAR THERE IS A CONNECTOR THAT WOULD MAKE THIS WORK...ANY IDEAS WHAT IT'S CALLED AND WHERE I CAN FIND IT?

TONYA1206
Unregistered guest
I NEED HELP. I HAVE AN OLDER TV AND I AM WANTING TO HOOK UP A DVD PLAYER TO IT BUT THE CONNECTIONS ON THE TV ARENT THE ONES I NEED. I HEAR THERE IS A CONNECTOR THAT WOULD MAKE THIS WORK...ANY IDEAS WHAT IT'S CALLED AND WHERE I CAN FIND IT?

Silver Member

Post Number: 719
RF modulator, Radio Shack. Wal Mart may sell them too.

Anonymous

I know someone who wants me to purchase a decoder He said that he want to record from vhs to dvd but he get a message about copyright. He wants to use a decoder to bypass this message. I do not know if this legal or if there is such a machine available out there and where to purchase it.
Thanks

Anonymous

I have disabled the macrovision on my dvd player. However when I try to copy a dvd to vhs tape, the picture goes back and forth from light to dark. I have a Panisonic PV-9450. Is there some form of copyright protection in the vcr that needs to disable? If so, how? Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 795
You need a stabilizer.

Bronze Member
Username: Videoguy

Post Number: 36
How many times has "You need a stabilizer" Been said at this forum? Good grief people! Try doing a search for your particular question to see if it has been asked before.

Unregistered guest
ok here is what i have..old magnavox tv, orion vcr,apex dvd , and directtv..I have a rca modular also..I can get everything hooked up except my vcr. I don't have a clue were it goes in at. PLease help

Gold Member

Post Number: 1167
Connect the satellite to the VCR with RCA cables for recording and coax for watching the satellite. Then set the VCR to line for recording. Connect the coax out of the VCR to the modulator.

magnavox guy
Unregistered guest
I have an old magnavox TV and have an old quastar vcr hooked up to it. I try to run my video games through the vcr, but they don't show up on the tv. The tv has no av plugins. Help me, please.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1244
Set the VCR to line.

juhl
Unregistered guest
my mother-in-law wants to record from vcr tapes (home movies and such from her sister) to vcr tapes (blanks from wal-mart). She has two emerson vcr's and dish network, plus an old console t.v. any pics on cable hook-ups that can help me with this. at the moment, i can get the one vcr to show onto the t.v., but the second vcr is not recording the picture.

schoolofconfusion
Unregistered guest
I have just connecting the proview 32inch lcd tv to my dvd/vcr and I can only get the dvd to work. I have tried connecting all ways. Please help!

R A 579
Unregistered guest
Hi. i have a new TV.a dvd recorder and a vcr.I have my antenna to a digi box,antenna from digi box to vcr,antenna from vcr to dvd recorder then antenna from dvd recorder to TV,i also have a scart from digi box to dvd recorder and scart from digi box to vcr,then scart from dvd recorder to TV.is this right. Cheers.

RA 579
Unregistered guest
PS i am in the UK.

RVH
Unregistered guest
Hi. i have a toshiba tv with no hookups and i have my playstation hooked up to a durabrand VCR to watch DVD's but its not working. HELP

Unregistered guest
It is called a RF Modulator

Unregistered guest
I have a Panasonic PV-9450 VHS recorder that I have no remote for. Panasonic's web site shows this model number as invalid and therefore has no manual on there web site for it. With no remote is there still some way to program the recorder to record a show in advance? . . .thanks for any help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1664
If it's on screen programming and there's no menu button on the VCR, no, unless you can find one of the old VCR+ programmers that start and stop the recording. Buy a One For All universal remote with a menu button.

Anonymous

I have an older tv that doesn't have the video/audio cable connections. I have my vcr hooked up to the tv which works fine. But now I want to hook up my new dvd player and tried to hook it up through my vcr. It doesn't work. Does anyone have any ideas to fix this problem? I would like to have both vcr and dvd working. I have both an "A" to "B" switch and a converter box.

Thanks for any help!!

Silver Member
Username: Videoguy

Post Number: 135
This shuld help you: Click Here

Username: Jmcclain

Spokane, WA

Post Number: 1
I have a proscan vcr attached to my tv using channel 3 for connection. I have used this for some time and have had no problems at all. Suddenly I cannot get sound on the vcr when working off it. I get the visual monitor indicating there is sound, there is sound on the dvd (connected to the tv) and sound on the tv, but no sound on vcr. Great picture, no sound and it suddenly stopped working a couple weeks ago. any ideas?

billnip
Unregistered guest
i have an old magnavox television. it is a great tv to watch movies on from the vcr or dvd player. the problem is this: it does not have a place to hook up cable (coaxial) to, and the afc/nfc championship is tomorrow. i have a smaller television that works, but i'd like to watch the games on my big tv. please help soon. thank you

billnip
Unregistered guest
this is billnip again. i wanted to make clear that the tv has a place for rca cables, and a forked looking piece of metal that says "antenna/cable hookup. the problem is that my cable hooks up coaxially and i can't seem to get the cable to run through my vcr. if this is rambling or unnecessarily detailed i appologize, but i'm just a little technologically challenged. i would appreciate any help. cheers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2136
Connect the cable to the VCR and autoprogram the channels, set the antenna/cable select to cable first. Connect RCAs from the out of the VCR to the TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us