Are toshiba and LG dlp sets the same?

Anonymous

I've been going back and forth between the sammy hlp5063 and the jvc 52" dila. Well, add another one to the mix...the LG RU series 52" can be found here for well under 2000.00.

When I was at the stores checking them out, I always noticed that at least to me, the LG and the toshibas seemed to have an excellent picture, most of the time even better than the sammy or jvc. I didn't look at them too seriously though since I haven't read much about the LG. I have read though that the LG and toshiba dlp sets are basically the same.

Does anyone have one? Can anyone confirm this?
And if you have an LG, how do you like it?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
LG (Lucky Goldstar) builds the DLP sets for Toshiba so other than any special features requested by Toshiba the light engine and internal signal processing components are the same.

The RU series ahs the HD2 chipset, you might want to wait til January when the DU series will be available which will have the HD2+ chipset.

Might I suggest you also consider the RCA HD50LPW162 as well? It has the HD2+ chipset as well as many other useful features and IMHO has a great display.

xvxvxvx

Username: Dutchdave

Holland, MI USA

Post Number: 3
Is Best Buy the only one that carries the RCA HD50LPW162? I do a Google search and Shopzilla and they are the only store that comes up.

Anonymous

dutch,

around here they are. I'm a bit pissed off about it too. I can get the samsung 5063 for 2200.00 at another store. at best buy, they have the 5063 for 2899 and the rca HD50LPW162 for 2799.00. I asked them to come down off the price of the RCA to at least come close to what I can get the samsung for and they wouldn't even budge one lousy freakin dollar!!!

I really liked the RCA. Seems to have a much better picture but I just can't afford 2800 +tax+tv stand+warranty for a tv.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us