Infocus 5700 vs Optoma H56A vs Panasonic PT-AE700U

Username: Chop

South Africa

Post Number: 1
Guys, which of these 3 projectors do you think produces the better picture and is overall, the better projector and why?
Thanks!

Anonymous

All these projector should look pretty good

however, I am not sure why anyone is willing to even take the color wheel risk/headache/dizziness risk with DLP, unless you.. of course are willing to pay $29,000 for the 3 chip Sony Qualia 004 DLP PROJECTOR or buy the 3 chip SIM2 HT500 LINK DLP PROJECTOR at $36,000

The problem is the Infocus 5700 costs over $3500 and is a single chip DLP projector and the Optoma H56a while low 2's is still a single chip design

With the PANASONIC PT AE700U LCD PROJECTOR, you got no color wheel issue to deal with, an incredibly bright and sharp picture, "screen door" issue pretty much resolved, a long throw 2.0 lenses, allowing highly flexible projector placement - (far more lense than the above 2 models which are 1.38 and 1.20 respectively), and a price of $2300.

The Panasonic probably the best unit for the money on the market today in terms of what you pay and what you get.

You probably should also look at the Sanyo Z3 and Infocus 5000 - however the Panasonic should still beat it

I saw a Runco or some other high CRT unit setup in Tweeter early this yr with a price tag 20k plus and this AE 700U puts out a better picture

South Africa

Post Number: 6
Thanks.
The other day I saw an AE700U next to an H56A and actually felt the picture on the H56 was clearer. The AE700 managed to punch out better contrast and vibrance but when I examined them up close, I found the clarity on the H56 to be better. You think that's possible?

Unregistered guest
Grant, don't buy the H56A like I did. Pic is fine though I cannot comment side by side, but the DVI input is not HDCP enabled so not future-proof. It is also now replaced by the HDCP-enabled H57 and cheaper as well! Seem to be shipping now at £1800 in the UK.

Username: Jason69

Laingsburg, Mi United states

Post Number: 1
Does anyone have a infocus 5000? I was thinking about getting one of these but I haven't heard or seen too many reviews on it. I would mainly use it for DVD's and Direct Tv with a HD reciever. I would like to know how good the picture would be and what to expect out of it

Anonymous

http://www.projectorcentral.com/high_contrast_LCD_projectors.htm

You might save 300 to 400 bucks on the Infocus 5000, however the reviews on the AE700U invariably are claiming its setting a new standard within its price class

South Africa

Post Number: 7
Alan, so you'd recommend the H57 over the AE700?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us