Akai CFT2791 input problems

Username: Kirijini

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I've had my Akai for almost a year now, and its been great, except for a minor problem: none of the inputs aside from component work correctly. This wasn't too much of a problem when it started a few months ago, since I mostly use component anyway, but I've recently got into retro gaming, and want to use my s-video, coax, and composite inputs. Here's whats wrong with them:

Coax: Doesn't work. No idea why, and I've tried all kinds of things to get it working. I don't have cable or an antenna; I just want to be able to play my nintendo with an RF cable.

Composite Video: I get a signal, but the colors are all funny. Not wacked out, but really weak, flat, and pasty. I've managed to correct it with an extensive service menu fix, but it'd be nice to actually have the thing work right.

S-Video: It's black and white. If I fiddle with the cable, it'll flash back to color, but as soon as I let go of the cable, it goes back to black and white.

I got this TV from Sam's club, and have an extended warranty for it. What should I do? I'm hoping there might be some easy way to fix all this without having to hassle with warranty and stuff (since I don't know if I still have the reciept), and I'm weary of Akai fixing it, since I might have to ship the TV or drive a long to drop it off and pick it up. Would Sam's club be able to fix or replace it? Would a local TV repair shop be able to fix it cheaply?

Thanks for your time,
Kirijini
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us