HITACHI vs SONY LCD RP

Anonymous

I'm interesting from hearing from folks who actually owned a Sony GWIII & then exchanged for a Hitachi or vice-versa. After owning both, which one overall do you like best & why?

Most folks comment on these sets, but never really had time to actually use both.

Anonymous

I have a Sony & I love it.... I don't like the look of the 50v500.

Al F
Unregistered guest
I've been looking at both and to tell you the truth, I see some differences but nothing significant. The Hitachi looks brighter and the Sony colors look more realistic. One item the SONY has over the Hitachi is a glare screen. If you are in a room with a lot of light, the SONY may be the better choice.

Username: Jags

Raleigh, Nc Us

Post Number: 1
I sell both these Tv's and can tell you that we have more problems with the Sony then any other tv i have ever sold. Sony is also having problems getting replacement parts to repair the ones that are under warrenty. so look into the sony before you buy it. just a heads up.

AliA
Unregistered guest
I am in process of buying a 50inch Hitachi ultravision. My friend has bought a 50inch sony Wega lcd.
Can someone tell me which one is better please?
i really need a an expert opinion,
thanks

SteveHDTV
Unregistered guest
The number of pixel used in both TV is exactly the same. the only real difference is when you connect your Cable to the TV's.
Sony has better image and realistic colour, Hitachi will show more lines, however you have a lot more choices to tune your colors on hitachi TV than you could ever with Sony,,,
it is really a personal choice,, but make sure that if you are purchasing a HDTV, at the store, they have both connected to a cable to see the difference,

Username: Misterearl

Post Number: 1
If you wanted the best of both worlds and can afford it you could go with Sony's XBR, which has many color choices. In fact, they recommend having it calibrated...but...it cost about 1K more.

Anonymous

I too was having a hard time between the Hitachi and the Sony until I found out that the Hitachi is brighter than all the other LCD's and makes/uses their own parts. Also Hitachi is a parts supplier for other TV manufactures which tells me that they don't have to make their products based on someone else's parts specs (which is probably why their LCD's are brighter). Just my 2 cents.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us